Radio cubby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1970

Reaction score
I have replaced my factory radio in my 94 Chevy 1500 and I need suggestions on a cubby to fit where the old radio was. I had picked up a cubby from the audio shop where I got the radio and everything slides right out of it. There is no lip on it to hold anything in. Has anyone found one that they have had good luck with? One ride through the pasture with the one I have and anything that was in it ends up on the floor. Anyone have any suggestions?

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have replaced my factory radio in my 94 Chevy 1500 and I need suggestions on a cubby to fit where the old radio was. I had picked up a cubby from the audio shop where I got the radio and everything slides right out of it. There is no lip on it to hold anything in. Has anyone found one that they have had good luck with? One ride through the pasture with the one I have and anything that was in it ends up on the floor. Anyone have any suggestions?
Wish I could help. Before I got the Retrosound unit, I just left the old head unit in place. I didn't even think about a cubby.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The small square-ish one above the A/C controls? Look for AMI GMP-333; it has a nice lip at the bottom to keep stuff from flying out.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Isn't the one guy on here doin 3d printed replacements for that? I can't remember the thread.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just found the GMP-333 on ebay and it does look like they've changed it a little bit, but it still has a lip. It's cheap enough at $9 and free shipping, IMO, to try the current one out.

Richard

m1970

Reaction score
I just found the GMP-333 on ebay and it does look like they've changed it a little bit, but it still has a lip. It's cheap enough at $9 and free shipping, IMO, to try the current one out.

Richard
That definitely looks better than what I have, Thanks!