Radio and Interior Lights no longer working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tornexted

Reaction score
So basically what started off as a small issue has now become something out of hand. I have a two door 96 K3500 with the stock radio, the original issue was that every time I opened the driver side door while I had the radio on, the radio would out of a sudden go up to 100% volume and then fade to mute. I would have to turn it off and turn it back on with the door shut to get the volume working back again to a normal level. The radio would always do this every time I opened my driver side door while having the radio on. Along with that, the interior footwell and dome light would flicker with whatever was playing, as if the radio was controlling the lights. Now, as I was driving on the highway, all out of a sudden all the interior lights came on (both footwell and dome light), and the radio did what it does when I open the door, go to 100% and then fade to mute. Except now, it doesn't go back to normal when I try to turn it off and back on again with the door shut. Now what it does it just goes to 100% and then mutes itself when I go to turn on the radio and stays muted. On top of that, my interior lights won't turn off at all without having to remove the fuse. This must be an electrical ground issue which I honestly have zero knowledge of. I recently just replaced the door switches a couple months ago. This is so weird how the two issues are connected (radio and interior lights). All I want to do is listen to the radio but now I can't without risking my ear drums being blown out and getting into a crash. Thanks.