Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
What's going on guys?
1995 chevrolet c2500 tbi 5.7/nv4500 trans. It's an 8 lug.
My radiator is leaking on the driver's side, at the bottom of the jug where it connects to the aluminum portion of the radiator when the engine gets to temp.
No problem. 28 year old plastic and 28 year old jug gaskets. Totally understandable.
What are your recommendations on a good radiator? Are there any all metal ones that would be good? This truck is seeing hard-ish use which consists of pulling a car once a month or two and it also will be making 170 mile a day trips frome home > school >work > home. Thank you

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There are companies that make all aluminum radiators for our trucks, but they're expensive compared to the stock type. If you don't mind a cosmetic imperfection, sometimes they have those available for a lot less $$. Friend of mine told me about this, I can't remember the company he was using but he had used them several times and was happy with their products. He found them online....

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:33:Another option. OE style was good for 28 years!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
^x2

I only replace with factory style 2-row radiators with the plastic ends. They last for years and are a proven design and the aluminum 2-row cools better than a 3-row. That 3-row and 4-row is just transference from back when radiators were copper and couldnt hold the PSI as well as aluminum. Up to a 3" thick radiator, if you go thicker than 3" than you'll need a 3rd row.

If you want more cooling, install one from a 3500 454 truck of the same year.