Radiator Upgrade - Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The standard 3500 replacement rad (19" tall) sounds like a good route!

Does anyone have experience with Spectra radiators?

88monteSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spectra's what I've got in both of my trucks. No issues so far, ones been in since 2013ish & the others been in since 2015ish. One came stock with the 34" & the other I upgraded to that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The 1 ton radiator is badass, got stuck in some wind in KS last year. Foot to the floor for about 15 minutes doing 55 mph in 2nd gear, motor screaming, never got over 210.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with plastic. I think they can handle higher pressures than aluminum or copper tanks. Having an AL radiator is probably more of an old school mindset, and they look cool. In theory, a good AL unit should last the life of the vehicle because it is more likely to be repairable versus the inexpensive throw away plastic unit.
If I were to do it again, I'd go with the taller (19"?) 3 row plastic radiator from the 3500s. You would need to fab a new upper mount or salvage the shroud from a 3500, and make sure you get the short filler neck version.

Here's a good 3 part article about AL radiators and what to look out for in general: https://www.speedcooling.com/blog/copper-brass-radiators-versus-aluminum-radiators.html

Does anyone have experience with this vendor? $219 for an upgraded radiator for my Camaro is less than half of a BeCool or Dewitts.