Radiator and fan swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92K5

Reaction score
Hello all, first time poster, long time lurker here

I know this subject has been beaten to death on this forum, but after all the threads I have read through, my main question has yet to be answered....

I have a 92 K5 blazer that still has the stock fan and radiator. If I wanted to do a direct swap of a fan AND radiator, what donor vehicle would I source these parts from? I know that I will need to buy a wiring harness to connect everything together, but I am hoping to just go to a junkyard and pick up a radiator and fan combination, but I don't know which vehicle to grab one from?

Any advice on the issue would be awesome.

Thanks,

John

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would recommend getting a new radiator, they're cheap, round 120 bucks and usually come with a warranty. That way you dont run into any problems with a used one and dont mess up a used one pulling it out. As for the fan are you trying to delete the mechanical one and go electric? Or just replace the stock fan with another mechanical one?

92K5

Reaction score
The goal is to get rid of the clutch fan completely. I have read that the mark viii fan is solid, but incase the yard I go to doesnt have any, is there any other fan that would work?

As for a new radiator, I may just go that route instead, thanks for the advice.

John