Questions - Suspension rebuild & 2" lift - the good, the bad and the ugly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Pretty much all the Moog parts for my truck have been us made. I've seen some Mexican Moog, but never any Japanese. I think the Mevotech Ttx are supposed to be from Tiawan. I've purchased some lower level mevotech and was not impressed. The upper ball joint boots were not wired on like they were supposed to be.....I didn't get the Moog uppers because they don't have attached boots eithet.

Erock1970

Reaction score
My dad drag races in Georgia and knows a guy that installs lift kits on trucks. I'm going to have him put in a 4" lift. He does 2-3 a week and has his own shop. He is also going to rebuild the front end. There are 5 listings on CL for 18" and 20" take offs ranging from $900 to $1500. When all is said and done I'll have about $7k in the truck including the $2k purchase price.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Too bad, I'm selling the lift off my Yukon, along with the tires, axles, and anything related to the IFS. Going SAS....

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ball joints that failed on my truck were MOOG K6292 uppers and MOOG K6477 lowers.

The ball joints I have on the truck currently are MEVOTECH TXK6292 uppers and MEVOTECH TXK6477 lowers.

The improvement in steering with the MevoTechs was plumb significant.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
This is a messy thread, but I guess I'll say I'm also not for Moog's upper ball joints from their premium "Problem Solver," line. I had problems with one side compared to stock, on stock ride height, with correct alignment. Newer vehicles often have better quality replacement parts. When they get so old, the production isn't there anymore and is often outsourced.