Question re format change .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has trouble reading the white on black? I really enjoy this forum and the white letters on black background has somewhat reduced my enjoyment. Is this really necessary? If the object is to be "different" then I at least understand, but the information here alone is plenty enough to keep people coming back .

Can anyone enlighten me on this ?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't noticed a format change here in years... Looks the same to me.

Regardless, if you don't like the white text on a black background you can try this. Up in the top right corner where it shows your avatar and name, drag your mouse over your user name. A menu should drop down. Click on Preferences. At the very top of the "Browsing Preferences" window that pops up, you should see an option that says "Style." The current selected option should be "GMT-Custom-Dark." Click the little arrow on the right and a menu should drop down. Change the "Style" option to "GMT-Custom-Light." That will change the forum display to a white background with black text.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't noticed a format change here in years... Looks the same to me.

Regardless, if you don't like the white text on a black background you can try this. Up in the top right corner where it shows your avatar and name, drag your mouse over your user name. A menu should drop down. Click on Preferences. At the very top of the "Browsing Preferences" window that pops up, you should see an option that says "Style." The current selected option should be "GMT-Custom-Dark." Click the little arrow on the right and a menu should drop down. Change the "Style" option to "GMT-Custom-Light." That will change the forum display to a white background with black text.

Maybe I did that by accident to get the white on black I have now. Thanks for the info and I will certainly change it . Mucho appreciations .

Edit.... that fixed it ... dunno how/why it happened but much easier to read now.

Macfluke

I didn't see a Possum!
Reaction score
for some reason mine changed too yesterday and had to reset it back...

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mines been white background and black text since I remember looking through this forum, even when I joined. but it did reset to black background and white letters the other day on my phone, quick preference change and back to my normal.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine has always been black background with white letters. I like it like that. It stands out from the other forums that I am on.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Mine changed to black background as well....dunno know why,I didn't change it.So,I just went back to white background.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad it wasn't just something I did by accident . Thanks for the directions on fixing it. For me the conventional black on white is easier to read.