Question about eliminating wires from harness on LS swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beaker

Reaction score
So I’m knee deep in my LS swap. I’ve got a 1988 Chevy C1500 originally came with a a 350/700r4. Ive put a 5.3/4l60e in out of a 1999 truck. I’ve just about got all the wires I will need to keep isolated such as oil pressure,temp switch fuel pump,fuel gauge, starter solenoid, key and constant power,etc. on the passenger side harness bulk head the only wires I see that I really need are a green/black ground wire that runs to the ac compressor and switch. There are also a few power wires that have fusible links running up to the distribution block on the firewall. The rest are wires that ran to sensors from the old engine.

My question is do I need to keep and if these wires? And if I don’t can this bulk head be de pinned?

I really don’t want to just snip the wires but I don’t want to bundle them up and leave them under the hood either. And, since I need those AC wires what the best way to clean this up.

Thanks for advice in advance.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You can depin at the PCM, but I don't think it's that easy at the firewall. Take a close look, are they potted in there or if you give it a tug, does it slide through? Are there other things you could repurpose the extra wires for before you go cutting them out?