Quarter mile calculater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I realize quarter mile calculators are very subjective but what I want to ask is that have any of you guys ever actually put a 90's SS454 on a scale? The reason I ask is that a track for me to travel to is too far away and Im curious as to what my truck would run after the transplant of a 502HO.
The specs are 461 for HP, 500 for torque with 3;73 gears and a qouted weight of 4500 lbs, the weight seems high to me and I dont have a scale to go to, hence my question if any one has actually weighed their truck.
When I use the formulas they say anywhere from a 12.7 ET to 13:30 and if you play with the weight it makes sizeable difference.
Thanks
Bobby V

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason I ask is that a track for me to travel to is too far away and Im curious as to what my truck would run after the transplant of a 502HO.
Hell, just go to one of your back streets, measure out 1320 FT, and run it! Seriously - 4500LBs sounds about right with your BBC in there. My TCI calculator shows 12.357 Sec for Wt & HP. Cheers buddy!

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I realize quarter mile calculators are very subjective but what I want to ask is that have any of you guys ever actually put a 90's SS454 on a scale? The reason I ask is that a track for me to travel to is too far away and Im curious as to what my truck would run after the transplant of a 502HO.
The specs are 461 for HP, 500 for torque with 3;73 gears and a qouted weight of 4500 lbs, the weight seems high to me and I dont have a scale to go to, hence my question if any one has actually weighed their truck.
When I use the formulas they say anywhere from a 12.7 ET to 13:30 and if you play with the weight it makes sizeable difference.
Thanks
Bobby V

Just out of curiousity what was the ET between the 502 and stock engine based on stock specs on the same program?

Some calaulators are little more then comparison tools when making changes.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am usually in my garage somewhere between 5-7AM and its at 63' so I click on my minisplit set at 72 for baour 1/2 hour and Im good to go.
I'm jealous, I can't afford (or justify) heating an 1800 sq ft steel building with 12' eaves and no insulation - even with solar. Besides that, why would I want to get in a hurry to go to work? :Big Laugh:
:badidea:

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a truck scale in Havasu, I know there is one at the truck stop by I40. The strip in Vegas opens in March, it's not TOO bad of a trip, I make it all the time from Kingman. JUST GO!! Or if there are Kingman Street Drags this yeah they are 1/8th mile, can get an idea what it would run on the street there. :)