Quality and fit of Aftermarket 4L60E internal wiring harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wanting to replace the wiring harness on my 1993 4L60E trans as part of the rebuild.

My options are AC Delco for 150-ish or aftermarket for 50-ish.

The aftermarket harnesses refer to having a reversible plug? It seems this is to cover multiple year ranges. Has anyone used one of these and can you comment on if it's a cheesy arraingment to be steered clear of?

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can’t say I’ve tried that part, but since my recent trans issue, ac delco parts aren’t the ac delco of the old days, IMO. Made in China, shipped in plastic bags, not boxes etc.
Not a fan. Recently purchased a cardone part replacement wiper board, packed nice, extra screws and cover, so far so good.

I’d go non Ac delco for the $100 difference.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought it. Found some install instructions for a similar product. Looks like they're making the harness fit 93-94 AND 95 up by wiring for both, and giving you little block off plugs for the unused connections.

If anybody goes this route, be careful on amazon. It looks like a lot of people are trying to cash in by selling used parts as new. Research is highly recommended.

ODaily

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little update.
Installed it today. What I thought were block off plugs were not. Looks like spare clips for the plug ends. Still not sure If I need to switch them out yet because my new solenoids haven't arrived yet. The wires / plug for the PWM solenoid is just not used and tucked out of the way.

Nice to work with new, not brittle, parts.