Quad Headlight brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just throwing this out there...they are a direct bolt in and all the grills from 89 to 99 have the same headlight pockets,just think they will never yellow get cloudy and have to be replaced buy cheap/trendy china housings. they are like LEVIES they never go out of style

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the look, and hibeam bulbs are easy to change compared to composite lights. The reason all the grilles fit them including the 94-99, was for export to different countries. Australia used the quad lights on their imported chevy trucks, and on Holden Suburbans thru 1999.

Last edited:

Thomas97

Reaction score
Clearing our more of my stash. 2 sets of headlight brackets from the early trucks that used 4 sealed beam lights. 45+ shipping per set to lower forty eight.

Thanks!
Hobson H. Fizette

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
Do you still have a set for sale?

Sapperdaddy

Reaction score
Does anyone have a write up detailing the wiring for swaping from composite headlights to quads?

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think on a different thread it was said the wiring connector pins are the same for both, you just have to unpin them from the composite light plastic sockets, and repin them in the quad light plastic sockets. A bulb doesnt care which end of the prongs is power and which is ground. Each lightbulb socket is going to have a black wire for chassis ground, and a feed wire. Tan feed is low beam, and a light green feed is high beam.

I believe trucks with DRLs (daytime running lights) have an additional tan feed wire along with the light green going to the high beam to feed a seperate low bright DRL filament in the high beam. If your truck has DRLs i think 1996 on up you just wont be able to hook up that extra tan wire into the high beam plug since the quad light high beams only have 2 prongs and not 3 like a DRL high beam bulb has. Just cap and stow that extra tan wire on each high beam in case you decide to go back to composite lenses. I would just use shrink tubing on its connector pin and stuff it back into the harness

Last edited:

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think on a different thread it was said the wiring connector pins are the same for both, you just have to unpin them from the composite light plastic sockets, and repin them in the quad light plastic sockets. A bulb doesnt care which end of the prongs is power and which is ground. Each lightbulb socket is going to have a black wire for chassis ground, and a feed wire. Tan feed is low beam, and a light green feed is high beam.

I believe trucks with DRLs (daytime running lights) have an additional tan feed wire along with the light green going to the high beam to feed a seperate low bright DRL filament in the high beam. If your truck has DRLs i think 1996 on up you just wont be able to hook up that extra tan wire into the high beam plug since the quad light high beams only have 2 prongs and not 3 like a DRL high beam bulb has. Just cap and stow that extra tan wire on each high beam in case you decide to go back to composite lenses. I would just use shrink tubing on its connector pin and stuff it back into the harness

No extra tan wire. Just the four wires. Black tan black green. I simply unpinned them from the 9005/9006 connectors and repinned them into the sealed beam connectors. Colors are the same. When you go from a single sealed beam work truck to a dual bulb setup, things get more interesting.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No extra tan wire. Just the four wires. Black tan black green. I simply unpinned them from the 9005/9006 connectors and repinned them into the sealed beam connectors. Colors are the same. When you go from a single sealed beam work truck to a dual bulb setup, things get more interesting.
Learned something new about there not being an extra wire on DRLs. Saw something in a schematic, thought that's what it was. I only have experience w these trucks up to 1994. Nothing newer

When going from W/T to quads you have to clip the W/T connector and hard wire in the quad sockets. Add 1 extra ground for the extra light. Easy enough as a ring terminal and a self tapping screw, or splice it into the other ground wire. wiring is same color code.