Putting A Chip In A TBI Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I zero out spark added during WOT, I like it better that way. Hasn't been a problem for me, I don't get KR at atmospheric when not in PE mode either.

Old Gasser

Reaction score
I didn't go back to see what Gavin's combo is, but I am going to be replacing the original 350 in my 94' K1500 with a 1999 vortec 350, and put my original tbi back on it. It will have the Chevy marine cam, and a bored (46mm) tbi on a GMPP carb intake, with an adaptor. EGR is required here.
I don't have the time to go thru the tuning process, either. I just want to buy a chip! I would do what it takes to data log info for someone to use.

Is there anybody out there that would be interested in burning me a chip??? I'll happily pay, not looking for a freebie! I just want it to run well like it should.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I e mailed tbichips and the guy got back to me fairly quick.
And said he still does chips but is picky about what he tunes
He doesn't accept all requests.

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
I didn't go back to see what Gavin's combo is, but I am going to be replacing the original 350 in my 94' K1500 with a 1999 vortec 350, and put my original tbi back on it. It will have the Chevy marine cam, and a bored (46mm) tbi on a GMPP carb intake, with an adaptor. EGR is required here.
I don't have the time to go thru the tuning process, either. I just want to buy a chip! I would do what it takes to data log info for someone to use.

Is there anybody out there that would be interested in burning me a chip??? I'll happily pay, not looking for a freebie! I just want it to run well like it should.
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/black-dog-94-c1500-vrtc-5-7-nv3500.40663/
That's my build. Doesn't sound too different from yours other than I went with the edelbrock intake to get away from egr and it'll have the stock cam.
So far as the chip, the custom chip from tbichips is gonna be about $300. I haven't reached out to anyone on gearhead yet. They may want less and you may get more from the way people are talking. I'll probably pick up a chip off of them in a couple months too (I like to have spares for everything). Hopefully I'll be starting mine up for the first time tomorrow; it'll be awhile for break-in before I can report on tbichips offering.

Old Gasser

Reaction score
https://www.gmt400.com/threads/black-dog-94-c1500-vrtc-5-7-nv3500.40663/
That's my build. Doesn't sound too different from yours other than I went with the edelbrock intake to get away from egr and it'll have the stock cam.
So far as the chip, the custom chip from tbichips is gonna be about $300. I haven't reached out to anyone on gearhead yet. They may want less and you may get more from the way people are talking. I'll probably pick up a chip off of them in a couple months too (I like to have spares for everything). Hopefully I'll be starting mine up for the first time tomorrow; it'll be awhile for break-in before I can report on tbichips offering.

Old Gasser

Reaction score
I'll be watching to see how you make out. Thanks for your reply!
Hope it goes smoothly for you!