Pushrod problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexisobs95

Reaction score
Ptv on most stock engines with small cams are usually. .250 or even more. Lift doesn't have as much effect on ptv as duration @.050 lift and since there isnt many computer controled cams over .220ish @.050 id look elsewhere. Stock heads hit seals around .480 and guides around .520 stock springs will bind usually before .480
I would double check timing marks
Wouldn’t it not start if marks were not ligned up correctly?

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No disrespect but it sounds like you and your dad are over your heads with the required knowledge. It was suggested several times to take it down to the short block to check for damage. But sounds like you don't want to. Good luck with your truck

Alexisobs95

Reaction score
No disrespect but it sounds like you and your dad are over your heads with the required knowledge. It was suggested several times to take it down to the short block to check for damage. But sounds like you don't want to. Good luck with your truck
Oh thanks for being honest but like I said I been checking everything did compression test checked if pistons hits with valve removed everything again but ima change the springs and some other parts hopefully this fixes the problem

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some timing sets have several marks on them for different cam timing and it would still fire up jus fine. Easy way to check springs for coil bind is spin it over by hand with a intake and exhaust pushrod and rocker in it. Use a feeler gauge when on top of lift and see if it goes in the spring