Push Button 4wd Help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EmersonHart13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or I have by pulling the power doing something else. I have had the battery disconnected so it might be caused it, good catch!

Or it could be the sign of a bad electrical connection...?

EmersonHart13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, I'll have to get under there tomorrow and check the electrical connections. By then I should have reset the encoder motor, if that even works.

EmersonHart13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read so many threads on this it is getting silly!

Wiring Diagrams:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/therock500/2011-01-04_021941_62392162_96_suburban_3.gif
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/therock500/2011-01-04_021850_62392161_96_suburban_2.gif
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/therock500/2011-01-04_021736_62392160_96_suburban_1.gif

I think the logical place for me to check electrically is the switch at the transfer case, which I believe tells the TCCM the TC is in 4wd and allows power through. If that isn't work the actuator has no chance of working because that is where the power comes from, after that I need to check the switch on the front axle, which I assume tells the TCCM that the front diff is actually engaged... Those are both cheap parts so I don't mind replacing them.

zheller15

Reaction score
It does! You have to jumper a pin on thd OBD connector to get them to display.

The error codes are:

1 - When the ignition switch is positioned to RUN the TCCM test to determine if RAM standby Power (maintained battery power) to the TCCM was lost since the ignition was last turned OFF. When power is interrupted on pin C6 of the TCCM, the TCCM stores a loss of RAM standby power.

2 - During electronic shifting, the TCCM check the motor/encoder for normal operation. If the motor/encoder does not function correctly enough times, the TCCM stores a motor/encoder failure DTC 2.

3 - The TCCM performs a test each time the electronic-shift motor is turned ON or OFF. If the motor does not function properly the TCCM stores a motor circuit failure DTC 3, and the shift select buttons blink in order to inform the driver of a problem.

4 - Each time the ignition is turned ON, the TCCM tests the memory, the program, and the internal system in order to ensure that the TCCM is operating properly. If the TCCM detects a fault within the TCCM, the TCCM stores a RAM/ROM memory failure (DTC) 4.

Problem is I do not find it overly descriptive... I start my truck, lights blink, then nothing.
What if the blink one then two without the jumper pin ?

zheller15

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem when the key is in the run position I am getting one blink 2wd high then 2wd high and 4wd high blink and it repeats that process but I do not have a jumper on the obd reader at all someone please help its nearing winter