Discussion in 'OEM and Custom Interiors' started by koolbreeze, Jul 29, 2018.
It seems to adhere better to me. It sets up quick and gets real hard also.
Here are some photos of the air box.
The entire section above the tranny hump.
The middle section with your door, east302.
After the actuator was removed:
The arm on the right is one I had a difficult time removing.
Oh ok, that helps. It makes sense now, thanks for posting those.
I think it can wait, the dash has no cracks and everything else works (knock on wood).
Devcon has been in the adhesive business for a really long time; I tried this particular product just for grins and it worked out very well. Upon searching for it now I see they also have a Plastic Welder product marked "Home" - I dunno if this is any different or it's just packaging. The stuff I've used is packaged as "High Strength" Plastic Welder.
It's a two-part and you have to use it pretty quickly once you mix it as it sets fast. It seems to me that although it does firm up very nicely, it doesn't get brittle. It's easy to spread around though it can be "hairy" especially as it starts to set. Mix small batches and work fast and just know that you won't get more than one use out of that little mixing stick it comes with.
I first used Devcon epoxy while in the Marines in the early '70's great product. I would not have a problem recommending Devcon.
you don't have to drill out the rivets and you shouldn't
I didn't drill out the rivets either. Just removed the support bar with the dash.
Separate names with a comma.