Pulling steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob Kinsela

Reaction score
I have a 1998 k1500. I am trying and oh do I mean TRYING!! To replace the turn signal switch. I went to pull the steering wheel after removing the airbag and come to find that I have no bolts to fit in it. Does anyone know what size thread or pitch these bolts are that go through the actual puller and bolt into the steering wheel?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the puller (OEM brand #25053) that I used on my 98. I don't remember which bolts it used, but here is what came with the kit.

You may just try renting one from a parts store.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bumping up an old thread but I have the same problem - I need bolts for the puller to bolt to the wheel and don't know what size to buy and everything else I have at hand is metric.
Can anyone tell me the size and thread of the bolts needed?
TIA.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Bumping up an old thread but I have the same problem - I need bolts for the puller to bolt to the wheel and don't know what size to buy and everything else I have at hand is metric.
Can anyone tell me the size and thread of the bolts needed?
TIA.
Did you ever figure it out? I think they are 5/16 " coarse threads or 3/8" coarse threads, haven't pulled one in a while so l don't remember better

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever figure it out? I think they are 5/16 " coarse threads or 3/8" coarse threads, haven't pulled one in a while so l don't remember better

Eventually!
I ordered a puller and it came with appropriate bolts. Pulled the wheel only to find no adjustment possible - so going to try and rectify this today at the steering box input shaft.