Pulling a jetrag for a 700r4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone want to rip into this 700r4 and find out where I screwed up?
Have a jetrag now going to pull it and go auto. I have had enough shifting a stick to last the rest of life and probably a couple of others 29 years s truck driver will do that. Hoping for a little better milage on top of that.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Anyone want to rip into this 700r4 and find out where I screwed up?
Have a jetrag now going to pull it and go auto. I have had enough shifting a stick to last the rest of life and probably a couple of others 29 years s truck driver will do that. Hoping for a little better milage on top of that.

Normally manuals get better mileage numbers than automatics.

I think you mean Getrag, which is now called Magna PT, since Magna International bought it. Getrag was/is a German company.... maybe they pronounce it more like jet?

Maybe describe your troubles with the 700R4?

Deancr11

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally manuals get better mileage numbers than automatics.

I think you mean Getrag, which is now called Magna PT, since Magna International bought it. Getrag was/is a German company.... maybe they pronounce it more like jet?

Maybe describe your troubles with the 700R4?

Yep that's the 1. Well it's been in the fixture about a month and the pump bolts have been loosened. That's all the time I have had to even look at it. Had a bit of rain about 2 weeks ago and it froze and have been cleaning up trees for elderly neighbors and then my place. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.