PSA: LMC Truck now sells replacement dashes for 88-94 trucks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn, now I'm gonna have to strongly consider that myself lol. It certainly would make matching things up a little easier.

So, -1 for the LMC speaker grilles... Pulled off the passenger side, and one of the metal tabs came off the grille with no good way to reattach.

You must be registered for see images attach

Permatex 84145 works well, but I haven't used it since I tried the Harbor Freight 67102 plastic welder. It smells something horrible but I've found it easier to work with than the plastic glue.

mjordan

Reaction score
Basically title, it’s a steep $400, but it’s a brand new replacement dash for the 88-94 trucks. Currently in grey only, but it can be painted with some interior paint that LMC also sells. Probably the best option in the long term, these trucks aren’t getting any younger, and junkyard dashes are only gonna get harder to find.

If anybody buys one of these, be sure to post it!

link: https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/dash-components/cd-1988-94-dash-panel-assembly

Well worth the money spent.

mjordan

Reaction score
Nice! It's about time someone came out with a replacement. $400 may seem steep...don't forget shipping; gonna be about $75-$80, and painting it to match your interior (SEM color spray, prep spray, etc.) but if your truck is nice, or GONNA be nice some day, you'll want a nice dash. Originals are tough to find in good shape and if someone knows what they have, it will be expensive, too.

Nice to see they differentiate between the 88-91 and 92-94 models, which is important, mostly in the area where the gauge cluster harness socket attaches.

So, who's gonna be first to lay out the bucks and see how well they fit and look? :D

Richard
I did

mjordan

Reaction score
Damn, now I'm gonna have to strongly consider that myself lol. It certainly would make matching things up a little easier.

So, -1 for the LMC speaker grilles... Pulled off the passenger side, and one of the metal tabs came off the grille with no good way to reattach.
:dancingpoop:

get a plastic welder and install

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score

]

A bit late to the party here....
As mentioned use epoxy to reattach. DO NOT use the 5 minute stuff. It never really gets hard and always remains a bit soft and "rubbery". Clean the part real well with, at the minimum, denatured alcohol. Better would be acetone or lacquer thinner. There are most likely mold release agents on the surface. I would also rough up the surface with some 60 or 80 grit sand paper. You will only get a mechanical bond so do everything you can to help it out. Maybe even drill some extra holes in the metal piece. JB Weld would be my choice and use the long cure stuff. It has some fillers in it to make it a bit stronger and also help it stay in place and not run all over.

Ken

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone on another thread said they paid $250 for one...sounds like there’s another vendor selling them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone on another thread said they paid $250 for one...sounds like there’s another vendor selling them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to thread? Or was it possibly someone saying what they paid for a used OEM dash..

Richard