PS request - 1500 Emblem on my door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously though if you're going to put fresh body molding on, I'd put the emblems on the molding even if that means buying different ones.
When I took my old molding off I saw that it has 2 oval pins with steel snap anchor clips embedded in the molding. I probably could figure out a way to drill oval holes and reuse the clips...

This looks good!
You must be registered for see images attach

So now, I'm thinking either in the groove or just above closer to the door gap.
If you're going to add an emblem, in the groove looks nice with the rest of the molding gone.
Yeah, I decided to keep the trim. If I'm gonna pay $2800 for a paint job, I want as much protection against door dings as I can get :anitoof:

Thanks guys for all your input, keep it coming if you think of anything else you wanna add, or vote for either choice.

And thanks @ZSEVEN1 for taking the time to help out this old f-a-r-t (just in case this gets censored) in deciding what to do!:waytogo:

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My vote is for making the moulding emblems work, I think it looks odd any other way on these, alternatively on either side of the hood scoop if you do get a tall-ish scoop.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI - here's how they're put together. The metal clips are inserted from behind the bump strip before installation. They have tabs bent out to keep them from pulling through the oval holes in the strip. Then, as you can see, the emblem's tabs along with a short piece of 2-sided tape are pressed against the strip. On the ends of the emblems are little tabs that fill in the gaps between the ribs of the bump strips.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Cheyenne has them in the groove...

If I ever paint this thing, I'm thinking of getting a newer style set, and either put them in the groove, or just above it.
this was common. In the 80's I bought a tool to remove the emblem in the groove. It was a mason's chisel and allowed reuse of the emblem