Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
More progress tonight! Started off by fishing around inside the bellhousing for a fitting I dropped in there earlier in the week, luckily got it out by taping a small magnet from a mini screwdriver onto a borescope and retrieving it. I modified the factory hydraulic clutch line to splice into a braided hose that came with the trans, and after 2 bottles of brake fluid its all bled out and has a functioning clutch! Attached the inner fenders and battery tray. Finally removed the left front spring that was sitting crooked, and since i figured it was too high anyways i cut a loop out of the spring, and somehow it sits perfectly level at just the right height on both sides. Not sure how since i didn't take any more off of the right front spring, but i guess ill leave it! Fenders aren't permanently attached yet, just sitting there for now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Just be aware the front will likely settle lower than it is now.
Yes im aware, however most of the front suspension hardware isn't tightened so it should be fairly close. I can barely fit two fingers between the fender and tire, but even if it settles a little more it will be fine, will match the rear. It also doesn't have any shocks in it yet either.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the prob.
RCSB tank = 90L/24 gallons. x8.35lbs per gallon = 200lbs. Throw in a 175lb-200lb driver & that's 375-400lbs to the left of the truck's center line.

Adjustable coil overs or air bags on the driver side :D