Project Outlaw: 97 ECSB K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keegan Kael

Reaction score
I bought this truck mid-February. I promptly hauled it to a friend's house, and left it until the weather climbed back above the freezing mark. I own a pizza restaurant, so my free time is limited, maybe 1 day a week off if I am lucky, getting out to work on the truck can be challenging. I bought this truck primarily to have a winter beater and offroad toy. I paid $1400 for it. It has a blown 5.7 Vortec and came with another Vortec out of a lower mileage truck.

This build will be slow, both time and disposable cash are tight. It will primarily be a form of stress relief from my crazy hectic life. It almost definitely won't be pretty, it will definitely be mean and functional.

You must be registered for see images attach

As it sat at the end of February after sitting at my friend's house for 2 weeks.

Please note tacky fake chrome wheel arches and terrible 90s era alloys.

I own a much rarer Chevy Heyenne

Fast forward 6 weeks to the next time my day off and good weather collide. I had not laid eyes on the truck since the end of Feb. I did manage to turn some old gift cards, birthday money, and long forgotten Amazon credit turn into a Backrack with toolbox brackets. (Toolbox still pending) I also traded my old non-running 2000 Silverado for some parts for this project, and I even got to keep the $1400 worth of tires I put on the truck and never got it running.

Wearing 31x10.5x16 Wrangler Territories.

Much less terrible non-90s era alloys.

True duals. Two cats, two glasspacks, dumped. I suspect she'll be a little loud when I get it running.

I hope to be able to make it out next week, weather permitting, and install the Backrack and finish a few other little jobs. I have a different front bumper to mount so I might attempt to at least pull the other one off. I will also take more pictures, hopefully capturing the crimes committed against this truck by the owner before the guy I bought it from.

Keegan Kael

Reaction score
The truck is currently at my mechanic's place getting the replacement Vortec installed. It's also getting a replacement fuel tank without a giant hole in it, an upgraded 145 amp alternator, and an AC compressor that isn't seized solid.

I have also bought this CD deck for the truck, because I don't own any tapes.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9ONJyPYsCiY/p_105KWR910B/JVC-KW-R910BT.html
I'm taking a few days off in the middle of July and heading to the lake, I'll probably get it hooked up then.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
wait it has coilovers AND leafs??
Dude, check the dates on these threads before replying, they've been dead for years and a lot of the members haven't been active in many months, or even years.