Project: johnbota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
If your into compact tractors you might find some entertainment in this. I though it was a cool little project maybe some of you will as well.

So my uncle is big into compact tractors and he recently sold off his JD 1023E and bought a kubota BX2680. Well i guess kubota doesnt have the greatest snow plow design so he decided he wanted to put his 4 way jd blade on the kubota. Being a machinist he call me to help. Pic time.
This is what he sent me to go off of. Probably the worst model ive had to copy lol.
You must be registered for see images attach
machined out the design i came up with out of 3/8 thick steel, clamped it to drill mounting holes
now we werent quite sure how the it should be oriented but this is how it ended up to get the blade to sit right. Drilling through that was just tons of fun btw

Mounted
had to have some extended hydraulic hoses made but no need for a 3rd remote. Just works off the loader hydraulics

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Painting everything
the final product with some added bracing that acually rests on the kubota frame so all the pushing force isnt on the 4 bolts
final product just waiting for some snow

I personally have not seen it work yet but supposedly functions great. Havnt been able to actually test it out though.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Couple more pics

Stock
Goin hard with the ple haas
Finished

Hes a member on some bx owners fb page. He posted some pics i guess and this was the first comment

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Awesome! My uncle wants a Kubota, right now he/we only have Craftsman lawn tractor, which is fine for mowing and hauling odds and ends in the little trailer, but can't do much else.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Awesome! My uncle wants a Kubota, right now he/we only have Craftsman lawn tractor, which is fine for mowing and hauling odds and ends in the little trailer, but can't do much else.
The bx serise are nice little tractors. He has about 10 acres or so down in illinois to play around on and really likes it. I feel your uncle though. All i have is a 6.75hp push mower at home lol.