Project geneva crew cab dually duramax swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Around here a full paint job would cost about the same as a whole clean truck. I'm curious if you're getting off the hook any easier? Or anyone else in other states. I paid $10k for a full paint job with hail repair on my 2004 Z06 at $50 per book hour labor rate. When it's not an insurance job that labor rate skyrockets here. I was quoted near $3000 to make a red dually bed white and most won't touch the dually fenders. They want you to bring them brand spanking new fenders.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Around here a full paint job would cost about the same as a whole clean truck. I'm curious if you're getting off the hook any easier? Or anyone else in other states. I paid $10k for a full paint job with hail repair on my 2004 Z06 at $50 per book hour labor rate. When it's not an insurance job that labor rate skyrockets here. I was quoted near $3000 to make a red dually bed white and most won't touch the dually fenders. They want you to bring them brand spanking new fenders.
I'm paying 6500. The truck didnt have very much damage but the dually flares had spots repaired. It's kind of cheap but I took the truck pretty much stripped to them and will be there to help with assembly. I got a few quotes from 6 to 8k this place is just close to the house and has a 5 star review on Google. And what did hail do to the z06? They can't get dents.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm paying 6500. The truck didnt have very much damage but the dually flares had spots repaired. It's kind of cheap but I took the truck pretty much stripped to them and will be there to help with assembly. I got a few quotes from 6 to 8k this place is just close to the house and has a 5 star review on Google. And what did hail do to the z06? They can't get dents.

It cracks the material. Very difficult to see. I also had some delamination on the roof that they addressed and of course every panel was unbolted.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It cracks the material. Very difficult to see. I also had some delamination on the roof that they addressed and of course every panel was unbolted.

That sucks. I have had 2 vehicles with hail damage. The 1st was a new '05 GMC Z71. It got hailed on 3 hours after I brought it home from the dealer. Dark blue truck. Beautiful. I threw up. My 2018 WRX got hailed on at work when it was 3 days old. All dents came out (from the sun) except 1 small one in the center of the roof. I hate hail.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Looks sweet! Looks a little blue lol, I thought you were painting it Indigo Met., but then you said BMW black. I do like the color you used!

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bed is back on. Also put some mat on the roof. Truck is still sitting much higher then i want.

You must be registered for see images attach