Project Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
No problem, definitely let me know when you get them working! I'd be down to do something like this in my 90. Also, if you have the switches and everything from the seats, the diodes should be built in. I can't remember if you mentioned if you had everything already. Either way, an extra diode won't hurt anything. :cheers:

Last edited:

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem, definitely let me know when you get them working! I'd be down to do something like this in my 90. Also, if you have the switches and everything from the seats, the diodes should be built in. I can't remember if you mentioned if you had everything already. Either way, and extra diode won't hurt anything. :cheers:

I will let you know when I get time to tinker. It'll be a bit. Thanks for your help. Only other issue I see is the mounting. These have the hook in the front rail that goes into the floor of the Cadi's. I'm thinking I'll grind it off and just weld the bottom of the rail to the factory brackets that came on the Chevy/GMC seats. I have a passenger seat from a suburban that I was originally going to put in until I saw these seats. I'll take the brackets from that and the brackets from my bench and fab something up.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Nice truck, will look better when it's blue! I do like the chrome mirrors, bumper, and grille, it will look good with the blue. :)

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck, will look better when it's blue! I do like the chrome mirrors, bumper, and grille, it will look good with the blue. :)

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out the seat heater and massager for the Cadillac seats. I have everything else working. Once I do that I have new interior ready to go.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem, definitely let me know when you get them working! I'd be down to do something like this in my 90. Also, if you have the switches and everything from the seats, the diodes should be built in. I can't remember if you mentioned if you had everything already. Either way, an extra diode won't hurt anything. :cheers:

According to the charts there are multiple low ref inputs. Do you happen to know what signal it's looking for? It's not ground. Not sure if it wants 3v or 5v? Problem is I don't have another adjustable power supply. The seat heater and massager are the only 2 things left for these seats to be 100% functional.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Low reference is normally ground. Are you using all the control modules the seats came with? If so, that should handle all the hi/lo signals as long as the switch inputs are there.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Low reference is normally ground. Are you using all the control modules the seats came with? If so, that should handle all the hi/lo signals as long as the switch inputs are there.

I am using the control module that came with the seat. I did not get the climate module from the dash of the car though. I'm thinking this is what is creating a lot of my head ache. I highly doubt that both the heat pad and the massager are bad in the seats. I'm stuck. I put the low ref to ground and it didn't do anything. Unless I forgot to charge a wire. the color codes are different in my seat compared to the chart.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it's time to start on POR the floor and dynomat. Then figure out how to mount the Cadillac seats. Or reverse that. Pans aren't bad. Driver was worst as always. Lot of surface rust. I'll get it cleaned up tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, looks like you caught the rust just in time.

It looks like we have a lot of the same ideas. I'm still looking for a wiring diagram for my Caddy seats. I'm planning on some dynomat when I swap them in and dye the carpet. Finally, I put a squarebore Vortec intake on my TBI so that I can upgrade to a FITech or a Sniper later on. How do you like the FITech?

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, looks like you caught the rust just in time.

It looks like we have a lot of the same ideas. I'm still looking for a wiring diagram for my Caddy seats. I'm planning on some dynomat when I swap them in and dye the carpet. Finally, I put a squarebore Vortec intake on my TBI so that I can upgrade to a FITech or a Sniper later on. How do you like the FITech?

Yea, there is one little hole in the drivers floor pan I need to patch. I have all the dynomat and new carpet in the house just need time to get everything done. I love my fitech. Still some small amounts of tweeking to do. Just wanted my seats and carpet in. Tired of sitting on a nasty bench seat that is 20 + years old. There is a comparison on chevelles.com between the holly and fitech. A user had both and did it. May want to read that before deciding on the system you buy.