Project Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello,

Here is my 92 RCSB GMC Sierra. ATK stage 1 Vortec 5.7L, Fitech EFI. Put power heated mirrors on, still have to make my wire harness for those. Snagged the wheels from a Jeep. Tires are tall but they only have about 10k miles on them. Interior is next.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a solid start, but I'm not sure about the chrome grille and mirrors.

Do you plan on painting it?
Yes, I will paint it a dark blue. It'll be a bit before it hits paint. Probably next year. She runs good and I really like the FiTech EFI. I still have to put my gauges in. I ordered the Dolphin gauge cluster (used the idea from KnuckleDragger). Just waiting on my Speedhut gauges to be done and shipped. Still have to do interior. I'm doing the bucket and console conversion in it. I have the passenger bucket and console. Just impossible to find the drivers bucket. We have LKQ Pick A Part where I live and I can't get there fast enough when something comes in. I might have to sell what I have and try a different seat combo.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a pinhole leak in my radiator. So ordered a new one through the local speed shop. First one was all alum and I don't have the tools or material to make my own mounts, so sent it back. Then they ordered this one which as you can see is way bigger. I think this is for the 6.2L diesel. But I got this one to work. To put it in perspective, the factory one stopped on either side of the shroud. I put my vacuum bypass in too. My seals between the heater core and a/c aren't that good in the box. I'm not taking the dash out again. So I put the bypass in. The Suburbans use the same set up when you turn the rear a/c on. I thought I had the vacuum pump but I don't. It was a vacuum switcher for the 4 wheel drive mechanism in the K series. I'll have to find the part number for the suburban pump and order it. I'm kind of figuring this out as I go so if anyone has feedback let me know. Or if you just want to call me a dumb A** you can too.

88Scottsdale

Reaction score
Great looking truck. Good luck with completion.
I really like those wheels, what did they come off of?

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the Jeep rims they look good and not many people running them. I like the big rubber too but I am old school.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I will paint it a dark blue. It'll be a bit before it hits paint. Probably next year. She runs good and I really like the FiTech EFI. I still have to put my gauges in. I ordered the Dolphin gauge cluster (used the idea from KnuckleDragger). Just waiting on my Speedhut gauges to be done and shipped. Still have to do interior. I'm doing the bucket and console conversion in it. I have the passenger bucket and console. Just impossible to find the drivers bucket. We have LKQ Pick A Part where I live and I can't get there fast enough when something comes in. I might have to sell what I have and try a different seat combo.
As far interior, I hear yeah !! I went to a few regular junkyards and u pull its and I came out empty handed. I kept searching Craigslist and I found what I needed which was the 60/40 bench so I can ditch my solid bench. Only thing was, was that it was 2 hours away on the other side of the state !! So I did a road trip with the family and scooped it up for $100. It didn't come with seat risers/ tracks but I got those from the u pull it yard from a beat up 60/40 bench yesterday and sprayed them black. You gotta keep searching. The dude I bought my bench from did the seat bucket swap and got his seats off a 2nd row minivan like a Venture or Silhouette and said minor modifications to make it fit.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great looking truck. Good luck with completion.
I really like those wheels, what did they come off of?

Came off a Jeep 4 door CJ, or what ever the damn model is of those. It was a toss up between those and a set of Sahara wheels. But for $500 for all 5 with tires, these won. Once I burn these tires off I'll probably drop down to a 45 or 55 tall tire. The sidewalls on these are so stiff. I have brand new Beltech shocks on and some bumps just jar the truck.