Project Bagged Family Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or van as the little kids like to call it.

Hello all...I have been a long time reader and sometimes posted in here. I previously had a ECSB 95 v6 on 22s 3/7 drop. I loved that truck but did some stupid, I got suckered into trading for what I thought was a reliable bagged dime. Haha man I was sorely lied to....anyways I have learned from that mistake. I have since gotten rid of the past, as I will call it, and wanted to get a obs again.

Fast forwarded to the no I as stuck choosing between a 4-door crew cab and getting a burb. Reality set in the I wanted a vehicle that comfortably sat everyone, but that also looked unique. So I got this
You must be registered for see images attach

The original owner had the last four years of maintenance done to in a folder, it was the deciding factor on me getting a burb.

My plans are to get it as close to the ground via air bags. I will be running accuair for air management. I have decided on doing a 4 link with watts for the rear. Wheels that I have settled on are the American Racing Daytona Customs. They are 22x9 and 22x11. Yes I know it's a crazy wide rear wheel. So I come to you guys for advice in the sense of the rear. I planned on raising the floor of the third row back by three inches, hopefully allowing me to retain the third row seats and other amenities such as heat for the back. I come to you guys to help me know if I am going in the right direction.

For audio I have gotten a pioneer AVH-X2800BS, yes I know with it being a double din I will need to order the piece from the person who does the custom dashes.

Any and all input whether it be positive or negative will be appreciated. My main goal with this is to be unique as I haven't seen that many bagged burbs as I do bagged trucks. I also plan on bagging my veloster to go even more unique with life lol... Here is a pick of my old truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. If you want to save a little cash, look into the new H3 system from Airlift, it looks & feels like a really nice product & comes in cheaper than Accuair.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I was going to do autopilot, but got a sweet deal on the accuair that I really couldn't pass up you know

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I was going to do autopilot, but got a sweet deal on the accuair that I really couldn't pass up you know

Understood. Make sure you run the filters/mufflers on the VU4, that thing is very sensitive to dirty & trash.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Understood. Make sure you run the filters/mufflers on the VU4, that thing is very sensitive to dirty & trash.

Will do thanks for the info. I just tried installing the AVH-2800BS...just need to find the clips to lock the sides in but it sat pretty nicely in their

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So was quoted 6k to lift the rear floor three inches, narrow the axle to fit the 22x11, for a four link with panhard. My.friend is telling me to ditch the wide wheels for now and just run 9.5 until I get more money. The life decisions we must make lol.....bagging my veloster is looking so nice right about now lol

Last edited:

Sac12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So was quoted 6k to lift the rear floor three inches, narrow the axle to fit the 22x11, for a four link with panhard. My.friend is telling me to ditch the wife wheels for now and just run 9.5 until I get more money. The life decision we must make lol.....bagging my veloster is looking so nice right about now lol

Doesn't sound like too bad of a price. Not having to narrow the rear should save $1,000-1,500 I'd say.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like too bad of a price. Not having to narrow the rear should save $1,000-1,500 I'd say.

I think I'm going to go that route....just gotta figure out if I'm selling or trading my rims now....

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so just a heads up for anyone following this will take a while....im looking going at this a different route due to the shear cost of bagging the burb. i will continue with doing the front of the truck being it is just like the pick ups. the rear i had some questions...

i want to lower the rear with a flip + hangers. yea i know it will put me ridiculously low but that is what i want. i want to c notch the rear enough to provide me clearance so as to not bottom out. now at the same time i will put helper bags out back to also help the ride out.

question i have if i do the flip kit with the hanger would it be safe to remove a leaf still? and with the addition of helper bags would that compensate for the removal of the leaf since the bags will be able to retain the weight?

with flip kit, hanger, and 1 leaf removed, how much of a drop would the rear see?

with all that being said i have seen some lowered burbs that don't even tuck 22s in the rear at 7in drop would it be safe to say i can keep my 22x11 for the rear? offset of 18.

i know the rear at some point will need narrowing, i dont like the whole cut and weld solution most people provide....scares me when thinking it can possible break. so i ask is there a rear-end that i can swap in that will be smaller?

thank you for bearing with me!!