Procharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're trying to keep it smog legal then that's gotta determine the direction you go. First step is to look at the regulations so you KNOW what you can and can't do. Not what some guy told you.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well he was a procharger dealer/ installer so I took his word as a professional. I did alot of research and some guys passed with cams and a tune so I'm getting mixed information from these shop " professionals"

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well he was a procharger dealer/ installer so I took his word as a professional. I did alot of research and some guys passed with cams and a tune so I'm getting mixed information from these shop " professionals"
So find one of the professionals who says you can do what you want and get detailed information about how.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy 3 different sizes of spiders larger than the OEM. 36, 48 and 62 lb/hr. I personally would go with the 62s on a boosted setup to give you the option to build the engine later or run E85.

I have an aluminum head 383 that poses very well as the stock 350.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Bigger pump, aftermarket spider, and if I were in your shoes I'd keep the stock PCM for smog so it has your VIN and all that bullshit, but then make a jumper harness to run a 411 on a daily basis. You could probably do a 2 bar MAP on the black box and scale everything 50% as well. Marine intake can pass if you drill it for the stock EGR, the meat is there. I doubt a ref would catch that. Or could just do plenum spacer on stock intake.

99bluetahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best I got with my old whipple setup in my 99 tahoe was 330.5 rwhp @ 4681 rpm and 449.3 rwtq @ 3234 rpm.

This was before I did the custom intercooler setup and 2-5/8" pulley.

This setup was tuned using Hptuners on the stock black box pcm. Any good tuner would be able to tune it even using the stock black pcm. Im in cali and obviously some of this stuff wasnt smog legal but this was 13 years ago and it was easier back then to get by. Now the truck is in nevada and dont have to worry about smog with my Ls swap head/cam 6.0L and 2.3L whipple.

You must be registered for see images attach

Old mods:
- Stock Vortec 5.7L L31 (all stock bottom, heads and cam)
- Whipple Supercharger w/ 2.75" pulley, boost peaks at 10-11 no detination
- Mercruiser vortec intake manifold w/ 42lb injectors
- Alkycontrol meth injection (injected pre blower)
- Dual 3" MagnaFlows X-piped
- 3" Magnaflow cats
- Hooker Competition Long tube Headers
- Built FLT Level 4 4L60E
- PI 10.5" 3-disk 2800 RPM Torque Converter
- MSD 6A ignition + MSD plug wires
- NGK TR6 plugs gapped @ 0.040
- Stock Intake with K&N drop in filter
- 9.5" 14 bolt SF w/ 4.10s & Auburn LSD
- Flex-a-lite 280 electric fans

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are nice numbers alot of torque. How does it compare with your LS swap? What's the Dyno on it?