Procharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The govenator passed a bill in the early 2000s repealing the 30 year roll out law vehicles 30 years and older didn't have to smog. So now vehicles pre 75 skyrocketted because of that. Diesel pre 99 are smogged exempt as well if I can find a gmt400 diesel that would be easier to modify but there a unicorn in my neck of the woods and when you do find them they want 10k plus for them

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
As for mine, the post said I'm planning to put a 500 in my truck. Goal is around 550 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. Horsepower can fall where it may. 350-4××, maybe?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to try something new, if I fail at this it's okay. Everyone has to learn some way or another in some type of form or fashion. Alot of you guys are just giving me opinions and not giving any good input on how to install it.
I agree everyone has to learn, that's why I was asking you the questions I asked. Trying to figure out what direction to guide you in.
Had you said you were wanting to learn as you built from the jump, we could have started from there....

Adding more air to a motor requires a proportional amount more fuel.
Adding more air and fuel to an efi motor requires tuning. I'm familiar with the process, I built the turbo busa in my signature. Only thing I didn't do was tune it.

All the things you want to do are doable, just costs money. What's your budget?
And again, what's your level of understanding regarding motors?

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I consider myself a novice I can do basic tune ups. I bought a Haynes book which is helpful. My budget is $8k the supercharger is about 6k so I have about 2k to play with. I know things add up so it might increase my budget.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The transmission and rear gears will be done at a later date when I have more funds and of course a big brake upgrade. I will probably spend close to 20-30 k maybe more in the future. It's not to resale it's a money pit but us car guys just enjoy fixing our car/trucks up.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I consider myself a novice I can do basic tune ups. I bought a Haynes book which is helpful. My budget is $8k the supercharger is about 6k so I have about 2k to play with. I know things add up so it might increase my budget.
Okay. So, the physical mounting part of the procharger is easy enough, there's at least two guys on here who have them and can tell you what to expect.
A hanes or other repair book won't help you much with this, it's going to refer to stock stuff.
How much boost do you plan to make to reach your power goals?

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the website said 5-8 psi of boost,
I'm hoping around 400hp/tq range.
I might add a lt1 hot cam or extreme comp cam later but the shop guy I spoke to said it won't pass smog so I might just leave it stock

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought of going efi elderbrock intake with the injectors but that's out of my budget. The marine intake will not pass smog so that's a no