Problems with acdelco cr43ts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
You guys having issues with the plugs arcing where the nut meets the porcelain? The eforst time I thought it was the wires, changed the plugs and wires. I have a slight miss again, and it's doing the same thing. At light I can see blue sparks about where the nut meets the porcelain on the spark plugs. Thinking about trying ngk plugs. This is the second set of delcos in 5,000 miles.
1995 c2500 tbi350 nv4500.
Thank you

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended up with counterfeit ACDelco Iridium spark plugs buying them from an "Amazon Affiliated" dirtbag located in Texas. The plugs and packaging looked good at casual glance. I was tipped-off by the inconsistent gaps. Closer examination revealed multiple tell-tales--diameter of the fine-wire center electrode, shape of the side electrode, lack of Iridium on the side electrode, etc.

Are you using dielectric grease between boot and porcelain?

How wide is the plug gap?

Is the porcelain cracked? A crappy "plug socket" or dropping the plug before/during installation can break the porcelain, the crack collects condensation leading to spark from center electrode to plug shell.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
The first set came from rock, the second set came from autozone.
My spark plug socket is one of those newer gearwrench magnetic ones with the built in 6 inch extension and I use a regular matco spark plug socket if and when less extension is needed.

I used dielectric grease the first time but not this time, same result.
I didn't see any cracks on the first set from rockauto, but with both sets I an noticing rust buildup and Corona staining rather quickly.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
The wires themselves are duralast lifetime warranty wires.
I've tried all kinds of wires and they all have one thing in common. They feel sticky to the touch after about a month. Never experienced this before.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the plugs say ACDelco but are too cheap, they are likely counterfeit. It's one of those too good to be true cases. I can't say for sure in your case. One would think both of those vendors would be okay.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
Threw in a set of ngks that crossed over. Believe it's part number 2771. Warranties my duralast wires. Ran the wires all nice and neatly. Time will tell. I hope this puts that problem to bed.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran the wires all nice and neatly.
Not "too" neatly, I hope. Folks often run the plug wires "in order", 1, 3, 5, 7. But 5 and 7, especially, need to be separated. Spark in #5 can inductively fire #7, which has a cylinder-full of air/fuel, but little compression so it takes minimal voltage to light the fire...90 degrees early, pushing the crank backwards. This generally doesn't end well.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
@Schurkey
No not too neatly. When I did wires 1,3,5, and 7 I used zip ties to make my own looms. I used the giant ones (the biggest ones that hobo fraught carries) . They are run about 1/4 inch apart and I tried to keep the wires ran so that it looks like 1 5 3 7 so they would stay apart.
These ngks are great so far.