problem with quad sealed beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i bought the units from lmc, and most of the adjusters don't work. the bolts just spin but don't come in or out so the lamp doesn't move. went and bought brand new gm adjusters, and same story- they just spin around themselves. 6 new adjusters, none of them works.
eventually i had to rotate the actual bolts while pressing hard on the other ends in order to reach a benchmark position.
what am i missing here?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
what am i missing here?
"Made in USA" quality that went away decades ago. Just a guess.

On the serious side, who knows where the original parts were made? USA? Canada? Mexico? ... at any rate, even the original stuff often failed before the useful life of the vehicle had run out, so it's not surprising that the aftermarket versions suck far worse.

Richard

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My aftermarket headlights adjusters suck to. I find that it helps to move the light a little while turning the adjuster works best. That being said I hv a different setup then yours I think since there composite

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My aftermarket headlights adjusters suck to. I find that it helps to move the light a little while turning the adjuster works best. That being said I hv a different setup then yours I think since there composite
Different parts, same quality issue. Adjuster screw goes into threaded plastic bushing; the chosen plastic isn't strong enough to not immediately strip out. The problem with the original ones is the plastic was plenty strong, but over a decade or more, would get brittle.

Richard

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just because it came from the dealer doesn't mean it is the same GM part.
We have received TYC lights in a GM box before.