Pretty bummed- running into problems with suspension work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Getting the rivets out? I used drill bits, stepping up in sizes. About 10 minutes each side. Your lower arms look to be forged. AFIK, stamped and forged are interchangeable, so yes they are available.
The rivets kicked my @$$. I was unsuccessful in drilling them out, but I also only have cheap drill bits. I need to invest in better ones.

The stamped and forged are interchangeable, but I believe the forged are superior. Can't get filled with mud, slush/salt, and don't rust as easily. I personally would not put stamped on my truck.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rivets kicked my @$$. I was unsuccessful in drilling them out, but I also only have cheap drill bits. I need to invest in better ones.

The stamped and forged are interchangeable, but I believe the forged are superior. Can't get filled with mud, slush/salt, and don't rust as easily. I personally would not put stamped on my truck.
Yup, sharp drill bits, think I used cobalt and bit of cutting oil. 10 minutes each side. Forged, sure, if available.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, sharp drill bits, think I used cobalt and bit of cutting oil. 10 minutes each side. Forged, sure, if available.
Don’t appear to be available, unles this Detroit axle place actually has them, they would be my only other option besides a junkyard, that I know of. I’m now trying to fit on a pair of LCA from an Astro. I think the guy that figured this out had a 1500, and these ones fit mine, but there’s no hole for the sway bar end link.

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Judging by the sparse info you presented,
I proceeded in trying to locate you some Mevotech LCA w/Ball joints on evil-bay, but you'll pay a hefty price ($521.15). If in fact they are what you are looking for. Good luck with you're endeavor, and keep us posted on your progress.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I apologized for the incorrect information sent to you regarding the LCA's portrayed on evil-bay, those pictured on their website are not for a K2500 4x4 they are for a 2wd coil spring set-up. So I retract my post to you, again apologies for the incorrect info, it's getting late here and the sandman is beating down my door.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Judging by the sparse info you presented,
I proceeded in trying to locate you some Mevotech LCA w/Ball joints on evil-bay, but you'll pay a hefty price ($521.15). If in fact they are what you are looking for. Good luck with you're endeavor, and keep us posted on your progress.

You must be registered for see images attach
Thank you for your efforts! These Astro LCAs seem to be my actual only option, but they fit, and they were only 30+ for the passenger side and 80+ for the driver side. With my level of desperation I was preparing to pay something like 500 although very glad not to have had to.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Detroit Axle was mentioned in a different thread I looked at, and actually has lowers advertised in the title of the part, but pictures of the uppers, and when you look at the description, they are uppers.