Power window swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanibal Ken

Reaction score
I'm new here, so forgive me if this has already been covered.. I have a 99 suburban 2500 (obs) that's an ex forestry truck that I Adore, but it has manual windows. I have a diner 1/2 ton that's a fully loaded 97. Door panel color is different, but that's straight forward.. my question is.. would my manual window truck have the wiring provisions for the swap? Or do I have to do a bunch of wiring..? Thanks for any help.

Kanibal Ken

Reaction score
In all fairness, I'm asking for more than just the suburban I have 5 of these trucks, each year from 95 to 99, so the info is for a few of them

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to move the harness over. Which runs behind the dash but its seperate from main harness.

Its not that bad it is a bit time consuming.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Check behind the kick panels. The wiring may already be there. With these trucks, some do. Some don't. It's kinda hit-n-miss.
Being an ex-forestry truck, don't bet on it. Worth a look though.
The PW/PL/PM wiring harness is one of the first parts to go into the cab on the assembly line.
Sooo...it's the last to come out. It's hidden behind everything. Need to drop the dash to get at it.

Kanibal Ken

Reaction score
Check behind the kick panels. The wiring may already be there. With these trucks, some do. Some don't. It's kinda hit-n-miss.
Being an ex-forestry truck, don't bet on it. Worth a look though.
The PW/PL/PM wiring harness is one of the first parts to go into the cab on the assembly line.
Sooo...it's the last to come out. It's hidden behind everything. Need to drop the dash to get at it.
I appreciate it, it has power locks, all 5 of my trucks do, so I thought maybe they might have the wiring provisions already..

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That just improved the odds by a lot!
I can't see GM making individual harness' for each option.
An off-the-shelf production line harness' would include everything for all of the door options & then just plugging-in whatever's on the build sheet.