Power window help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TD Henley

Reaction score
Both windows stop working so i did some testing with just a light and i have power all the way to the window motor and the motor still doesnt work. I got a new motor and pluged it in and the new one still doesnt work. Any ideas?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any noise coming from the motor? I'd check the ground connection, and the voltage to the motor. If there's no movement in the motor with no load, it's most likely the ground since you're getting at least some power to the motor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TO properly diagnose if power and ground are getting to the motor, you need to hook the leads of the test light to both wires at the motor. Just grounding your light and checking the harness isn't correct. The motor runs up or down depending on which one of the two wires is switched to ground by the switch and relay. With the key on, both wires at the motor should be hot, 12V, until the switch is activated one direction or the other. Up, one of the wires is switched to ground. Down, the other is switched to ground. If both windows stopped working at the same time, most likely your problem is in the master switch.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ditto both wires hot, the window motor case needs to be grounded or installed to test in some situations with gm motors.