Power window conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 96 GMC C2500 extended cab. It has manual windows and I'm wanting to make them power. But don't really want to go through the hassle of finding all the oem parts to do it.

So my question is has anybody here ever used one of these kits on our body style?
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2..._Code=AEOS&Product_Code=GM47-K&Category_Code=

Never used these but they are specific for our trucks. Just under $300.00 for the kit + wiring & switches.

Never been much for the aftermarket switches. So many that I've installed are those off-shore GM replicas. Damn things are falling apart as they're being installed into the door panels. Made outa cheap plastic & paper thin circuit boards. The Dorman ones are the same.
Now I try to convince the guys I do interiors for, to go to GM & get the ones made outa metal.

I've installed a few sets of these. Love 'em! They use the stock crank handles, but instead of the rolling around in circles, you just have to move the crank less than a 1/4 turn each way to trigger the contacts. Work really well in HotRods, but I'd like to try them in my truck.
Only thing is that the driver side isn't a dual control. HotRods are usually small enough that it's easy enough just to reach over.
But for a truck, I'd think that a hidden switch or a re-purposed original could be wired up so that the one driver's crank could be made to operate both windows.
Little pricey, though. About 2X as much as the previous guy's wire/switch kit I listed. And from 2 different manufacturers. Couldn't be much of a prob. though. They're still just switches.
They make several sized crank pins. Have to measure up the truck's stockers to be sure. I just picked these @ random.

http://www.nu-relics.com/product-p/212.htm

itzRagan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I think I'm gonna try this one first being as its only $70 lol. I've seen it used on quite a few other vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klemer11

Reaction score
Definitely do an Oem. I completely converted a plain 96 reg cab to a loaded Silverado trim level. Found everything I needed at local pick yard. Regulators and door panels came from a Lt Sub but make sure your cross cab harness comes from either a reg or ex cab. Pin outs are different for a two window system. Also then important to have driver door harness and window/lock switch out of a reg or ext cab if you want simple plug and play. Pull down dash and lay donor harness in. this is way easier than it sounds trust me. Very important note-if your donor has rke make sure to grab the module you will need it to complete “the loop”. Also note the sticker on the module for the fccid that way you can easily find a matching key fob for rke if you want it.

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely do an Oem. I completely converted a plain 96 reg cab to a loaded Silverado trim level. Found everything I needed at local pick yard. Regulators and door panels came from a Lt Sub but make sure your cross cab harness comes from either a reg or ex cab. Pin outs are different for a two window system. Also then important to have driver door harness and window/lock switch out of a reg or ext cab if you want simple plug and play. Pull down dash and lay donor harness in. this is way easier than it sounds trust me. Very important note-if your donor has rke make sure to grab the module you will need it to complete “the loop”. Also note the sticker on the module for the fccid that way you can easily find a matching key fob for rke if you want it.
What do you mean by rke? Sorry haha