Power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd just as soon have a "good used" pump from a Treasure Yard vehicle as a production-line rebuilt, or cheap-junk Chinese "new" item.

Select the Treasure Yard vehicle for age, mileage, condition. Maybe have a look at the fluid in the reservoir.
I think ima take your advise and pull one from a yard. I'll send mine in to Lee power steering to get rebuilt. Ima getva gear box from them too bc that is leaking as well.

According to their reviews they have a great reputation

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think ima take your advise and pull one from a yard. I'll send mine in to Lee power steering to get rebuilt. Ima getva gear box from them too bc that is leaking as well.

According to their reviews they have a great reputation

I know "Lee Manufacturing" isn't owned by Tom Lee anymore, he sold it off a few years ago, around 2016. He rebuilt a steering gear for Dad's K1500 PU in 2009 and we were pleased with the result. I've got the receipt for that job, somewhere, and I'll post it if I can find it.

Recently I've used TurnOne in Saginaw, primarily because (1) Lee is no longer owned by Lee, and (2) the two lead guys at TurnOne formerly worked for GM Steering Gear, and (3) I know a number of people in Saginaw so I gravitate to the town's services.

TurnOne's facility is right across the street from the former GM Steering Gear plant (now Nexteer), interestingly.

(edit) Tom Lee's receipt for Dad's pickup, attached.

Attachments

• Lee Mfg steering gear invoice.pdf
    661.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt my own pump a year ago, and it's already making noises again. A reman pump with reservoir is $65 on RockAuto. For once I used the wallet wrench.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know "Lee Manufacturing" isn't owned by Tom Lee anymore, he sold it off a few years ago. He rebuilt a steering gear for Dad's K1500 PU back around 2007(?) and we were pleased with the result. I've got the receipt for that job, somewhere, and I'll post it if I can find it.

Recently I've used TurnOne in Saginaw, primarily because (1) Lee is no longer owned by Lee, and (2) the two lead guys at TurnOne formerly worked for GM Steering Gear, and (3) I know a number of people in Saginaw so I gravitate to the town's services.

TurnOne's facility is right across the street from the former GM Steering Gear plant (now Nexteer), interestingly.
Really? Thats good to know. I'll check them out before I make the purchase. Thanks for the info

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I usually just go with what's available/cheap, if the parts store doesn't have it in stock I look online, part store ones usually are rebuilt, online could be either, like said already it's a crap shoot. Only way I usually pay more on a crap shoot is if I get a lifetime warranty that I can exchange it.