Power steering fluid in brake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
…Don't use drink containers, you set yourself up for a trip to the ER. There's a story about Gatorade bottle on a toolbox, use your imagination.

Forty or so years ago my little brother grabbed a glass Pepsi bottle 1/2 full of a dark brown acid concoction off of my grandpa’s workbench and took a swig thinking he was stealing a treat. It burned him quickly enough that he spit it out before swallowing any thankfully. He recovered but pretty horrific to witness and something I’ll never forget.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having some all-too predictable trouble bleeding the brakes and getting brake pedal back. Looking at this abs delete procedure, I found a YouTube video that pretty much shows step by step for this type, just have to figure out swapping the proper fitting out and make them match up to a proportioning valve. During one trip up and down the street, the abs system did trip a few times so that probably sucked air into it, anyhow, I’ve bled all four corners multiple times, the rubber hoses are new, master cylinder, front calipers, all new. I haven’t opened up the back wheels yet, but I got a pair of spring pliers, that’ll be coming up soon but I can’t seem to pressurize the system again. I’m thinking it’s gotta be the abs because literally ever other fitting has been tightened and checked over repeatedly, and the air purged. My sons legs are getting sore, maybe time to get a pressure bleeder setup?