Power Steering Cooler (In-Frame, '97 K2500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My oil cooler was internal to the radiator... is yours off to the side or in front of the radiator? My PS cooler is off to the side.
Power steering cooler on my 3500 is quite far outboard on the drivers side. The truck is also equipped with aux trans cooler and aux cooling fan.

I want to say that the power steering cooler is mounted on the core support, not in front of the radiator or AC condenser.
Mmmmm...Good point. I haven't traced-down the plumbing. Could be an auxilliary trans cooler instead of an engine oil cooler on the left side of the rad, beside the aux. cooling fan.

Seems to me there's internal rad coolers on both rad tanks.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup. I’ve got engine and trans oil coolers in the radiator. Trans run to the radiator, then aux cooler on the left, and then back to the transmission.

I’ll grab a couple pics when I get home from work.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I had my truck for several years before I realized the PS had a cooler. I don't think it's visible just casually looking through the grille, it's that far over. The lines running to it are more obvious, but I have my shroud out.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s pretty well buried in there.
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see the aux trans cooler a little better here.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It’s pretty well buried in there.

You can see the aux trans cooler a little better here.

I don't have the auxiliary transmission cooler...is that stock, or did you add it? I think some of the trucks earlier than mine had an external oil cooler, too.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What the hell happened with prices for just 2 years?
GM 170,99
Dorman 94,89

COVID, a ton of stuff is priced crazy high right now. I just noticed the same thing regarding torque converter prices in another thread recently.

Rackii69

Reaction score
I have 2 of these trucks sees the puddle of power steering fluid in front. No problem will just replace the cooler like I had on to do on the other one, along with fuel lines, trans lines, brake lines on both. WTF kind of idiot puts the “cooler” in the frame. Guess I am just going with a real cooler on front of rad. Misery loves company at least I am walking in footsteps of giants