Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob Hendrix

Reaction score
I recently ordered a replacement power seat track for the driver's seat in the '97 C1500 Silverado. Upon removing the driver's seat and the power seat track assembly, I have realized that I might not be able to install the new one (at least not as a direct swap).

The replacement was pulled from some sort of Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon with heated seats, which the truck doesn't have.

So the question is: Is it possible to modify the wiring of the replacement assembly to work in my truck? It looks to me like it might be a possibility, but thought I'd check here first.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those seats have a separate wiring circuit for the heater. Just don't hook it up. No real modification required.
I have the same seats in my '98. The heaters are not hooked up.
They had shorted out somehow before I got them & had apparently run continuously for so long, the cushion foam had melted. Could of been the fact that the donor had been sunk in a 6' deep water-filled ditch had something to do with that. No way I was gonna hook up that mess.
Power for the 6-way controls was straight-up power & ground. I wired them up to a constant power source in the fuse box. Nice to be able to move the seats without having to turn the key on.

Jacob Hendrix

Reaction score
That's good news! Did you have to hard-wire it? I think mine has different connectors for the controls and for the power/gnd...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I wired them with a factory connection so it's pretty simple if I ever have to remove the seats. I just used a factory power seat connector plug from the wreckers, wired to constant power. I got that power from the stereo's distribution block under the passenger seat. It has 4 ports & I have 3 amps in that truck, so that left one open. 4ga. from the battery to the dist. block, 10ga from the block to the seat's plug. You could add an inline fuse if that gives you piece of mind, but the power draw when adjusting the seats is for such a short length of time, that it really doesn't create a lot of heat within the wiring.