Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MechMike

Reaction score
I’ve had my 99 c1500 suburban for a year or so now. At first the passenger side locks didn’t work. I replaced the front passenger actuator and just lubed the the lock rods and assembly in the rear door which made it work fine.
the issue: if you hit the drivers door switch…everything works as is should! Press the passenger door switch the doors lock…then the drivers door unlocks instantly. If you hit the switch at the barn doors…same thing. I just got a remote for the keyless(previous owner didn’t have any) and programmed it via the paper lip method. the rear door(hit the rear button 2x) workers perfectly. If the doors are unlocked and hit the lock button on the remote…they all lock then unlock instantly. sometimes just the drivers door unlocks. If the doors are locked… they all unlock.

idk What’s going on… figured I’d start here instead of throwing parts at it Or trying to trace wiring. I don’t much care..l but it would be nice to have the remote since I have a baby and it’s a circus trying to get him...strollers…oher stuff in and out since the drivers door switch is the only thing that works

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the door locks work properly before the keyless was jnstalled, as far as staying locked and unlocked?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Referring to factory keyless system. Just got a replacement remote. The issue with the switches has been there ever since I’ve had it
When you are locking it, by any chance is the key in the ignition? I think some GMs won't lock the driver's door if the key is in the switch ( to prevent the keys getting locked in the vehicle).

MechMike

Reaction score
key is not in ignition. However that does give me an idea. Did these keys come factory with a chip? I know a lot of people hide a key in the steering console somewhere near the ignition to trigger the chip then get any old key to work. I know for a fact I’ve been using plain keys in this.

Ian Andrew

Reaction score
Power locks on Australian Falcons had the same issue for a couple of years. Turned out to be the drivers door servo would wear out faster than the others. This caused it to be slightly slower than the rest and they would keep cycling lock unlock. Replace the driver side one cured the problem.

MechMike

Reaction score
Well replaced drivers side switches…and actuator…still wonky…must be the module. When I replace that I’ll update