Post your other projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All my projects

1987 Monte Carlo t-top real ss car, that’s getting a full restoration and a 400 sbc with a 350 crank so basically a 377 with a 5 speed behind it.

1981 Malibu getting put back together, was bought as a painted roller has a Monte Carlo dash and split bench seat, mildly built 4bolt main 350 with double hump fulies double pumper holly 750 vortex blower a 400 trans and a Monte ss rear.

1976 k5 blazer getting full restoration with all spotless sheet metal or nos parts, is getting mounted on a shortened 02 suburban 2500 chassis with the 6.0 motor 4l80e trans and Hd transfer case, big 8 lug factory setup, all the new technology in the old truck body.

1970 Monte Carlo, found it for $100 idk when I’ll work on that, my plans are a 6.0 ls motor 4speed manual trans I have laying around and rat rod it and have fun with it. Kind of a spare parts build.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I'll only post my current and not past other projects.

Wife's 2008 GX470. Had it a couple years. Fantastic car with a good buyer's market on them right now. 4.7L, manual transfer case, decent control etc etc. Built on the LC Prado 120 frame in the international market so it's a proper overlander.

2.5" Dobinsons lift
275/60/20 Terra Grappler G2

Have ARB awning ready to go on need to fab some brackets.

Overall pretty squeaky clean for 12yo and 150k mi. Had it detailed the other day and the dude offered to buy it after he was done. Ha!

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
And my 1998 Honda VFR800fi. A little modified.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My other projects...2008 CBR1000RR track bike in the foreground...1976 GS 750 street bike in the background

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
My friend had a 470 and it was a damn nice rig.

Yeah they are great. I recommend them to all. I was in the market for an fj100 or LX470 when I got this and ended up with this CPO unit from the local dealer.

I'm glad I did. They are a bit smaller for sure, but my $ went way further with the GX and they feel nearly as big inside with the high roof line.

3rd row is a little smaller for sure, but the GX is way more "peppy" too with the 4.7 than the LC due to the smaller platform. Think they're supposed to do 0-60 in like 7sec which is no slouch for a full sized full time 4wd suv.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
My other projects...2008 CBR1000RR track bike in the foreground...1976 GS 750 street bike in the background

Digging that mono light fairing. The 08-12 1krr is such a great looking bike.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Digging that mono light fairing. The 08-12 1krr is such a great looking bike.

Thanks man It's supposed to be an endurance style replica. I flashed the ECU, and installed smooth intake tubes, an HRC catch can, a full titanium exhaust, and a few other mods. Hoping to hit the track within the next couple months.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man It's supposed to be an endurance style replica. I flashed the ECU, and installed smooth intake tubes, an HRC catch can, a full titanium exhaust, and a few other mods. Hoping to hit the track within the next couple months.

NEVER talk about a new titanium exhaust on your track bike! That thing is toast now. Only a matter of time. :)