Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I couldn't get the 3" coil spacer to fit. The spacer fits, but then it was impossible to get the coil spring back into the lower control arm bucket. I gave up on it.
The Rough Country 4" spindle lift kit gave me enough clearance to run 35s on my 2wd. That's good enough for me
Could always try a body lift if you're wanting those extra inches.

vglcy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Ive been browsing this thread for a bit which helped inspire me to put 31x10.5r15 a/t tires on my stock height w/t and Im liking the look after previously having 235/75 tires. I would like to raise the front just a bit, 1-2" if possible without causing any alignment issues. Ive seen people note that 2" coil spacers cause alignment issues and a rough ride. Ive also heard some people have swapped 2500 front springs, although Im not sure exactly how much lift these provide.

Would a smaller 1" or 1.5" coil spacer cause alignment issues or ruin the ride? How would the 2500 spring swap compare to a small coil spacer in terms of lift height and ride quality?

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 17

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
If you want height without sacrificing ride quality, get a body lift. Anything you shove in the front coil bucket will affect the ride in some way.

2" coils ride rough as hell. But it's also a 90's chevy truck. Stock, my truck rides fairly rough too.

I'm not sure who told you those will cause alignment issues. Get someone who knows what they're doing and they should align it no problem. All of my angles were within spec although some were on the upper/lower end of the range... all in the green though.

Reaction score
What’s Up Guys I’m on 4” spindles 3” Pucs (Coil Spacers) 3” block in the rear
The pucs are possible to get in but it is a huge pain in the ass and the camber issues you will get afterwards are crazy I’m waiting on 2 1/2” bj spacers to finish hopefully fixing all my angles and camber for now till I can afford Extended uppers and finish doing everything right. Does anyone on here have experience dealing with the ball joint spacers? I’ve run 1” before but never anything bigger than that

For anyone wanting a size reference the z71 poking out is leveled on 33s

Attachments

• IMG_0634.jpeg
    IMG_0634.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 27

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
The pucs are possible to get in but it is a huge pain in the ass and the camber issues you will get afterwards are crazy I’m waiting on 2 1/2” bj spacers to finish hopefully fixing all my angles and camber for now till I can afford Extended uppers and finish doing everything right. Does anyone on here have experience dealing with the ball joint spacers? I’ve run 1” before but never anything bigger than that

I ran balljoint spacers with my 2" RC coil lift. Alignment was fine. As for larger spacers, I can't speak to it.

Reaction score

Got the spacers installed completely fixed all my problems, I even had to end up pulling the uppers back into stock position because I had to much positive camber after putting them in, plan on going with maybe another 1” in the rear and calling her done for now, picking up 20x14s tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_0682.png
    IMG_0682.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • 71071536709__F189EA58-3166-485D-B1BD-852E88DD6F4B.jpeg
    71071536709__F189EA58-3166-485D-B1BD-852E88DD6F4B.jpeg
    661.4 KB · Views: 24

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 96 c1500 with a 2” max trac coil spacer lift. I’ve had this lift (installed professionally) for about 8 months with zero issues.

After looking through this thread I am set on lifting her higher. I have heard that coil spacers can cause issues in the long term so I’m debating if I want to keep them in or not? But it would also be a PITA to remove them. So my options are:

leave coil spacers in and just throw on a body lift

Leave coil spacers in and add the 4” spindles (not sure how much extra stuff would need to get done, like brake lines and UCA’s)

Pull coil spacers out and do 4” spindles

Any opinions/advice?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 96 c1500 with a 2” max trac coil spacer lift. I’ve had this lift (installed professionally) for about 8 months with zero issues.

After looking through this thread I am set on lifting her higher. I have heard that coil spacers can cause issues in the long term so I’m debating if I want to keep them in or not? But it would also be a PITA to remove them. So my options are:

leave coil spacers in and just throw on a body lift

Leave coil spacers in and add the 4” spindles (not sure how much extra stuff would need to get done, like brake lines and UCA’s)

Pull coil spacers out and do 4” spindles

Any opinions/advice?
It depends how much lift you want.

Option 1 gives you 5" of lift

Option 2 gives you 6" of lift

Option 3 gives you 4" of lift

Each comes with their own pros and cons...

Body lift you'll have gaps (frame rail, bumper, hitch, exhaust) but it's cheap and easy to install (or so I hear), maintains your current ride qaulity, and doesn't mess with your track width.

4" spindles would be an easy swap but it's pricier especially when you include the cost of extended brake lines. Ride is near factory as well but inevitably adding larger tires (probably higher load rating as well) may negate that pro. Nothing needs to be done to the UCAs. Front track width will be pushed out 1.5" on either side meaning you might want to get some spacers for the rear to even it back out but then you have spacers which I've never been a huge fan of (just my opinion). Either that or swap in a c2500LD rear axle which is a project in itself.

Pulling the spacers out will give you less lift but a marginally better ride quality. It would also be easier on your front end components but again, I would think the difference would be negligible. Alignments would return to factory spec which is neither a pro or con as it can be aligned either way. You might see marginal improvement in tire life but again... I would assume negligible especially if you follow any sort of rotation schedule. See above for other spindle lift considerations.

It's ultimately up to you. What do you want? What's important to you? What look are you going after?

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After getting yours and others advice about the coil spacers, i think I’ll just keep them in. Not worth the trouble to take them out, and the slightly worse ride quality doesn’t bother me at all. Also the ball joint angles are just fine even with the 2” lift.

So I guess I’ve narrowed it down to 2 options:

-Add on 2 or 3” body lift

-Add on the 4” spindles

I think the lift height would look good no matter what, but I do like how I won’t have to extend the brake lines, get an alignment, or add rear spacers with the body lift as opposed to spindles. Also center of gravity with 2-3in body lift would be lower than a 4” suspension lift