Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
88 C1500 5.7

4 in Rough Country Spindle kit
9.5 SF 14 bolt swap
Lugnut 4x4 rear disk brake conversion
265/75-16 Hercules Terra Trac T/G Max

Overall I'm happy except for the 1-2 in of Cali lean... The 9.5 SF spring perches must be shorter than the factory axle. Blocks, springs, or both are next. Would a 4 in block be a bad idea?

Hindsight...wish I would have sourced a better rear end. Didn't plan on the disk brake conversion. I could not locate all parts to rebuild the drums. Parking brake lever is non-existent on the 11.25 in drums... Lug Nut kit is great though. Terrible time bleeding everything though. Should have capped all my lines off so it didn't drain them dry...

Also want to call out that 4.5 in backspacing is not enough on a 16 in M/T Classic III. They were rubbing on the RC knuckle... Pacers with 4.25 clear fine. Rear calipers don't have enough room for sticky weights. Not a big deal I guess.

Tires are great. First set was their A/T II. They did great and from all indications the T/G Max are gonna be just as great.

All in all I learned a ton through this project and am mostly happy. Will do a build thread one of these days with part numbers and everything if time permits. Thanks to everyone on here for the inspiration! Couldn't have done it without you!
Imo looks great. As for the lean it bothered me but I took a slightly different route.

Attachments

• 20211002_144305.jpg
    20211002_144305.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 22

RollinTurd

Reaction score
Imo looks great. As for the lean it bothered me but I took a slightly different route.
Thanks! I was wanting a new truck until I did this. Now I'm wanting paint and a motor...

Which springs did you use/leaf count?

Are you running a block? If so, how tall?

Do you have fender height measurements between front and back?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I was wanting a new truck until I did this. Now I'm wanting paint and a motor...

Which springs did you use/leaf count?

Are you running a block? If so, how tall?

Do you have fender height measurements between front and back?
Yes I'm using the rc 4" 2wd kit. Lifted spindles and 4" block in the rear but I think it's closer to 3.something since I was leveled. I went with the general springs and got 5+1 . I've had my lift for a while so i also went with Rancho adjustable shock. As for the measurements its 36 and 3/8 in the front. Rear is 37 and 7/8

Stringer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2000 Sierra 1500 5.3 with 285/75/18

6 inch rough country lift, 1.5" body lift, 1.5" long leaf added in rear. Trutrac with z71 rims off a 2015.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quick question. I’m sure somewhere in this someone answered this question but I’m not all the way through yet. On an 8 lug truck what are my lift options?