Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well just to update everyone and future 2wd guys that are interested. My spacers had to be pulled off the truck, they went about 700 -1000 miles and started getting really bad vibrations through the whole truck. What I found is the wheel was going out of balance or "moving" on the spacer. The Hub centric to the drums was perfect and no signs of movement at that location. But I have found the lugs on one side where wearing at the casting pocket of my wheel and those lugs had the chrome shipped of them. (And yes before I installed I took measurements and knew my spacers lug nuts had enough clearance to go inside the casting wheel pockets). And on the opposite side I noticed thread marks inside the lug holes of the wheels. Drove it this morning going into work without the spacers and all the vibrations are gone now. So remember buy hub centric to wheel centric spacers. Obviously mine did not work out. I may end up machining my own from steel and going hub centric to hub centric.

You must be registered for see images attach

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Well just to update everyone and future 2wd guys that are interested. My spacers had to be pulled off the truck, they went about 700 -1000 miles and started getting really bad vibrations through the whole truck. What I found is the wheel was going out of balance or "moving" on the spacer. The Hub centric to the drums was perfect and no signs of movement at that location. But I have found the lugs on one side where wearing at the casting pocket of my wheel and those lugs had the chrome shipped of them. (And yes before I installed I took measurements and knew my spacers lug nuts had enough clearance to go inside the casting wheel pockets). And on the opposite side I noticed thread marks inside the lug holes of the wheels. Drove it this morning going into work without the spacers and all the vibrations are gone now. So remember buy hub centric to wheel centric spacers. Obviously mine did not work out. I may end up machining my own from steel and going hub centric to hub centric.

You must be registered for see images attach

And this is why I don't like wheel spacers, cheap ones anyway.

Hub centric to wheel centric is always the perferd method. Also, I wouldn't buy spacers of they were not steel or high grade aluminum. They are more expensive but if you are going through the trouble of getting custom hub centric to wheel centric spacers, might as well get steel.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And this is why I don't like wheel spacers, cheap ones anyway.

Hub centric to wheel centric is always the perferd method. Also, I wouldn't buy spacers of they were not steel or high grade aluminum. They are more expensive but if you are going through the trouble of getting custom hub centric to wheel centric spacers, might as well get steel.

Yea i know i took the chance, I just really wanted my truck to look good for a car show I was going to be in lol. But I also never truly trust spacers to begin with.

But they were billet T6 Aluminum so a high grade aluminum with grade 10.9 studs. And bore match to the hub. But since my wheels were always lug centric and never bore matched since I bought them 8 years ago (Hubs 78.3mm, Wheel Bore 83.06mm) and NEVER had an issue. I said what the hell i'll take the chance and take more time locking the wheels down.

But maybe a winter project ill order some steel and custom make my own hub to hub centric spacers.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
That sucks how your spacers started making vibrations and ruined some of your wheel.

I don't have hub centric spacers on my 98 and they are just fine, results seem to vary with this kind of stuff. :)

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sucks how your spacers started making vibrations and ruined some of your wheel.

I don't have hub centric spacers on my 98 and they are just fine, results seem to vary with this kind of stuff. :)

Luckily I caught it before they really started egging out my lug holes or something. But ill probably end up making my own spacers out of steel maybe over winter that are hub centric to my wheels. But I may end up with new wheels next year, idk yet.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have a good source on front extended brake lines? Can find them everywhere for 100 bucks bit that seems steep for a couple lines.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have a good source on front extended brake lines? Can find them everywhere for 100 bucks bit that seems steep for a couple lines.

Just go to your local hydraulic line shop, they should be able to custom make some in a stainless braid. The shop down the road from me did custom length with OEM connectors for $22 bucks for both sides