Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
After getting yours and others advice about the coil spacers, i think I’ll just keep them in. Not worth the trouble to take them out, and the slightly worse ride quality doesn’t bother me at all. Also the ball joint angles are just fine even with the 2” lift.

So I guess I’ve narrowed it down to 2 options:

-Add on 2 or 3” body lift

-Add on the 4” spindles

I think the lift height would look good no matter what, but I do like how I won’t have to extend the brake lines, get an alignment, or add rear spacers with the body lift as opposed to spindles. Also center of gravity with 2-3in body lift would be lower than a 4” suspension lift

Center of gravity would be lower but unless you're on a track every weekend competing for time, I doubt you'd ever notice a difference in cornering stability. It's a factor, sure, but is it worth basing a decision off of? I doubt it.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
come to think of it, a bigger factor for the body lift would be if it makes under hood work more annoying. I posted a thread asking that, and the overall answer was that it didn’t really make a huge difference as long as you have a stool, and spark plugs are easy to get to with the frame gap.

Reaction score
After getting yours and others advice about the coil spacers, i think I’ll just keep them in. Not worth the trouble to take them out, and the slightly worse ride quality doesn’t bother me at all. Also the ball joint angles are just fine even with the 2” lift.

So I guess I’ve narrowed it down to 2 options:

-Add on 2 or 3” body lift

-Add on the 4” spindles

I think the lift height would look good no matter what, but I do like how I won’t have to extend the brake lines, get an alignment, or add rear spacers with the body lift as opposed to spindles. Also center of gravity with 2-3in body lift would be lower than a 4” suspension lift
I ran 3” coil springs 3”pucs and 4”spindles all at the same time on stock brake lines just cut the mounting tabs on the uca

Reaction score
Hate to bite my own words I was rebuilding my front end this past weekend and got new stock brake lines to replace mine and come to find out somebody put extended brake lines on the truck before I got it which was odd because I got the truck on stock suspension but side by side the old set is 6” longer and no part numbers, any suggestions on what set of ext lines to go for ?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Hate to bite my own words I was rebuilding my front end this past weekend and got new stock brake lines to replace mine and come to find out somebody put extended brake lines on the truck before I got it which was odd because I got the truck on stock suspension but side by side the old set is 6” longer and no part numbers, any suggestions on what set of ext lines to go for ?
ProComp 7225 were recommended years ago when I lifted mine. There may be something better out there now but that's the one everyone seemed to be using.

Framerailin

Reaction score
A little burb update. 4in spindles, 2in body, LD 2500 rotors, Bilstein 5100s, Rear leaf pack cobbled from 2500 and 1500 springs. I’m now considering x2 industries lifted control arms for a little extra. Perhaps by Christmas. Windows got tinted today, not pictured. Windshield and replacing the carpet is mandatory and next in my list. This rag rides so nice and easy I’ve been driving it every day.

Attachments

• IMG_3720.jpeg
    IMG_3720.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 13