Post your GMT400 with a classic vehicle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Had a '66 Impala SS. White/Turqoise.
I miss that one a bunch & I've had 11 '60's Impalas!
One repaint. Rust free. Caprice tail lights.
The original 327 with an L/79 350hp cam swap. A later set of 1.94"/1.60" heads. Recurved distributer.
Z/28-LT1 intake & a Holley 600. Headers. 2.5" exhaust w/H-pipe.
Muncie M-20 (wide ratio, low 1st gear) & 3.31's in a 12b. 15" Magnum 500's, w/275-60's all around.
Needed more gear & more carburation. 3.73's & a 780 Holley would of really woke it up! But just as it was, what a totally reliable engine. One tune-up a year. Drove the snot out of it! 6200rpm regularly. Never broke it in 3 years.
That's another one that got away! Sold it in a moment of frustation for way too cheap.

It happens! I sold my GMC back on 2006 or so and bought back on 2014

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Back in the day they used to call them a "deuce and a quarter", LOL.
The number part of the name comes from the original Electra 225 model in the early 60s; the vehicle's length was 225" and someone at Buick thought it sounded good. So that's what they called them from that point on....at least that's the story I heard. The first Electra was in 59 but l don't think the 225 came for a year or two.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
My 400 isn’t pictured here but this was a sight to see and this isn’t even everything. The man that owned these cars passed away a year ago and I happened to see his son cleaning out the building. He gave the the full tour.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see some Roundy Top( what we called the Advance Design 47-54 trucks) Chevys and even a GMC! And lots of other beautiful vintage tin. Looks well preserved too.....
Oh yeah. They were pretty much bought and driven a few years and then parked. There was even a Crosley in there. That’s something you don’t see everyday. The smell of that building is what I say America smells like: Gas, oil, and cigarettes.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Oh yeah. They were pretty much bought and driven a few years and then parked. There was even a Crosley in there. That’s something you don’t see everyday. The smell of that building is what I say America smells like: Gas, oil, and cigarettes.
Was that an old dealership (or agency as they also were called in small towns)? Kinda looks like it was.....

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was that an old dealership (or agency as they also were called in small towns)? Kinda looks like it was.....
Actually it was an old auto parts store back in the sixties. Then a car collector purchased the building. There are tons of NOS automotive parts in the upstairs. Spark plugs, fuel pumps, radiators, you name it. All the parts upstairs are at least 40 years old.