Post your GMT400 with a classic vehicle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Dad's '41 Chevy & my '97.
This '41 body style was a short production run. Only made for 5 months. Shorter chassis than a 'regular' '41, with no 1/4 window behind the rear doors. Different trunk shape than the other body styles. Shaped almost like a '30's Ford Victoria bustle. Due to the war, one of the few last vehicles from GM with chrome/stainless.
33,000 original miles. The drivetrain's never been touched other than fluid changes & tune-ups. 216cu.in. I/L 6, 3-on-the-tree.
Found in a barn on the other side of the country, where it had sat for decades.
Had to be painted due to all the bird poop that was caked on it. There was no bringing it back. No rust or body damage.
I reupholstered the complete interior with all original materials. Mice & dry rot. The seat fabric was turning to dust.
Needed to be completely rewired, for the same reason.
Weird fact. The wiring harness for the rear of the vehicle runs front-to-back between the roof & the headliner.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not sure if a CUCV qualifies as classic, but here’s the best I can offer right now.

It's old enough for "Classic Truck " plates in Texas (probably in other states too) so that qualifies it in my opinion!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Had a '66 Impala SS. White/Turqoise.
I miss that one a bunch & I've had 11 '60's Impalas!
One repaint. Rust free. Caprice tail lights.
The original 327 with an L/79 350hp cam swap. A later set of 1.94"/1.60" heads. Recurved distributer.
Z/28-LT1 intake & a Holley 600. Headers. 2.5" exhaust w/H-pipe.
Muncie M-20 (wide ratio, low 1st gear) & 3.31's in a 12b. 15" Magnum 500's, w/275-60's all around.
Needed more gear & more carburation. 3.73's & a 780 Holley would of really woke it up! But just as it was, what a totally reliable engine. One tune-up a year. Drove the snot out of it! 6200rpm regularly. Never broke it in 3 years.
That's another one that got away! Sold it in a moment of frustation for way too cheap.