positive aux nut, under hood fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999 yukon 5.7
I want to hook up my 12 volt lead for my e-fans, but a standard battery nut dont fit, anyone tell me what to buy????
You must be registered for see images attach

Also I have my under hood fuse box unbolted and separated from the support bracket, but now I cant get the whole thing to separate to get access to the A/C clutch wire that I have to splice into, afriad to pry to hard, must be something simple that I'm not seeing.

skychair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999 yukon 5.7
I want to hook up my 12 volt lead for my e-fans, but a standard battery nut dont fit, anyone tell me what to buy????

Also I have my under hood fuse box unbolted and separated from the support bracket, but now I cant get the whole thing to separate to get access to the A/C clutch wire that I have to splice into, afriad to pry to hard, must be something simple that I'm not seeing.

I got both problems resolved....... Onward and upward

I found the correct nut for the positive post, but still cant get to the wiring at the bottom of the under hood fuse box.
Any assist appreciated.

Ron

Last edited:

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi-I know that the post is oldish but I wanna share my finding as this info cannot be found anywhere on the web(at least google search doesn't return anything).
I recently built killswitch and needed to find fuel pump relay switch power wire and stumbled on opening the fuse box. Here is how to do it. If you look on top of underhood fuse box after you've taken lid off you'll find 4 small slits near the edges of the box. 2 on the left side(1 near fuel pump relay,1 below),1 on top of the box near the screw that holds the box to the bracket and 1 on the right side next to 50A lights fuse. You have to put the flat screwdriver into these slits but not deep-bout half to 1 centimiter in-and pry outwards(so you pulling handle towards the fuses). As you do pull the top of the fuse box up and 1 by 1 they get released until you can open the box and get to the wires. Just don't forget to disconnect the battery before. Hope it helps.

Rollin400s

Reaction score
Hi-I know that the post is oldish but I wanna share my finding as this info cannot be found anywhere on the web(at least google search doesn't return anything).
I recently built killswitch and needed to find fuel pump relay switch power wire and stumbled on opening the fuse box. Here is how to do it. If you look on top of underhood fuse box after you've taken lid off you'll find 4 small slits near the edges of the box. 2 on the left side(1 near fuel pump relay,1 below),1 on top of the box near the screw that holds the box to the bracket and 1 on the right side next to 50A lights fuse. You have to put the flat screwdriver into these slits but not deep-bout half to 1 centimiter in-and pry outwards(so you pulling handle towards the fuses). As you do pull the top of the fuse box up and 1 by 1 they get released until you can open the box and get to the wires. Just don't forget to disconnect the battery before. Hope it helps.
THANK YOU so much for posting this description on how to disassemble the underhood fuse box / relay box. Exactly what I've been searching for the last few hours. Knew it had to be somewhere on this forum but surprised it was on such a newer post. I added some keywords on this sentence so hopefully Google will key in on this post for people in the future looking at how to take apart and disassemble the under hood fuse / relay box in order to access the wires underneath that connect to the fuse and relay terminals. Big Ups!!

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
THANK YOU so much for posting this description on how to disassemble the underhood fuse box / relay box. Exactly what I've been searching for the last few hours. Knew it had to be somewhere on this forum but surprised it was on such a newer post. I added some keywords on this sentence so hopefully Google will key in on this post for people in the future looking at how to take apart and disassemble the under hood fuse / relay box in order to access the wires underneath that connect to the fuse and relay terminals. Big Ups!!
You welcome.That was my point exactly as I couldn't find it when I needed it. And thanks for upgrade for google.