Polishing chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i think you are right kenny I believe the ones you chose match better, but i noticed the load rating on them is only 2000lbs, do i have anything to worry about with that? The trucks gvw is 8600lbs
I wouldnt think you have an issue at 8600, but that I dont know for sure. If it was me, I would call summit and talk to someone. They can tell you for sure. IMO, you all ready have those rims, and havent had an issue so for, so all the more reason you should be good. Also keep in mind that 8600 is the max weight of the truck fully loaded, not what the trucks curb weight is. That sould be closer to 5000. Oi
ne of the things I like about summit, is that you can call them and talk to someone in person, and even place your order over the phone if you want to.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your OE rims were most likely more like this. What you have now are not a Chevy or GM rim.
You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I bet those black rivets can be popped out with a punch and hammer. I assume a few fell out on a previous owner with yours and they just removed the rest of them and plasti-dipped in there to make it look better

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet those black rivets can be popped out with a punch and hammer. I assume a few fell out on a previous owner with yours and they just removed the rest of them and plasti-dipped in there to make it look better
I thought about taking them out but honestly i kinda like the black rivets they don’t look all that bad