Please be safe folks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
YouTube algorithms have landed this in my lap and I immediately thought of you guys and gals. I'm sure I've simply "been lucky" many times in my life by setting myself (and a buddy) up for this kind of tragedy. It's a decent video that, in my opinion, needs to be seen by everyone towing and/or 4 wheeling.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never liked pulling off the hitch; I always use the chain loops on the receiver if I have to pull something.
I also never pull with a tie-downs strap, I've got a 10K tow strap and it stays in the truck box at all times; I need to get a snatch rope and a bigger tow strap.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A tragic, but excellent video! I was taught about this hazard when I joined the Air Force. The guy mowing around our shops got his big mower stuck in a ditch and we had to use our Dodge bobtail to pull him out. The Staff Sergeant working with me warned me to stay out of the line the tow strap was making between the two vehicles. After watching this video I'm going to be even more mindful how I tow.

Do we need this thread stickied in the Lounge for everyone to contribute safety warnings?

I got this one on the faceplace this week. When it comes to safety equipment, ONLY BUY FROM REPUTABLE VENDORS. I'll go further to recommend buying from their websites so you don't end up buying from an eBay scammer pretending to be the vendor.

You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
What do they expect when all they do is create standards, leaving the actual testing to the companies involved?

Self-certification is an invitation to fraud.

Shame on the dirtbags who falsely certify, but shame also on SFI Foundation for allowing self-certification.