Please be aware of the following scam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petewitde30

Reaction score
I had a couple guys on here I think this year try to scam me. Seemed suspicious on price so I checked out their profile.... 1 post newbies. Always, always try to check out who ur dealin with and if it's a Gmail it's 95% likely a scam. Hate to be a jerk but I really think any Gmail account shouldn't be allowed cuz that's all I'd see on craigslist and fb marketplace with crap saying "I'm out of town for the week so email me." Uhhhhh yeah it's 2021, you left you're phone at home and all you have is email?
Yea thats a no brainer scam. In my case it seem legit until the next day when he started asking for more money for "insurance and shipping" n i started saying to myself "ahhhhh crap here we go, i just got got" lol

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I had a couple guys on here I think this year try to scam me. Seemed suspicious on price so I checked out their profile.... 1 post newbies. Always, always try to check out who ur dealin with and if it's a Gmail it's 95% likely a scam. Hate to be a jerk but I really think any Gmail account shouldn't be allowed cuz that's all I'd see on craigslist and fb marketplace with crap saying "I'm out of town for the week so email me." Uhhhhh yeah it's 2021, you left you're phone at home and all you have is email?
My personal email is a Gmail. I don't use my work email for anything except work. People get all sorts of ideas in their head when they see a @Gm.com email address, I can assure you. I had a customer of mine who I had been helping out about a year or so ago now email me out of the blue to my work email asking if I can get him discounts on GMPP. Uhh no, I don't even get them, and I am an engineer lol.

I had a few of these scams come through my PM's and i just forwarded them to Kenny. He Ban-hammered them.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some longtime business contacts with Gmail accounts.
I don't give out my cell to almost anyone, so the few times I have sold I use email.
an unhappy buyer signed my friend's cell number up to spam sites causing him to get spam calls. The buyer was unhappy because his lowball was turned down.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My personal email is a Gmail account also. Scams are usually pretty easy to detect, starting with "if it seems too good to be true it probably is"...
Few things to look for : post language not quite right, generic responses to specific questions, picture of wrong items, etc.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope! Just stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopid!

I didn't know she was a psychopath until after the wedding.
I was teasing ya.
I'm sure she hid it well. I've had a couple of run-ins with that type of chick.
Turns out knocking up a bipolar ex-stripper with drug problems is a bad idea...
Got a great kid out of the deal though, and she's calmed down over the intervening 18 years.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scammers are the lowest form of invertebrate on this planet.

First offence; Boil them in oil 1/4" at a time.

Second offence; Dating my ex-wife.

Third offence; Marry her.
My last ex wife tried to put her boyfriend on our car insurance thinking that I wouldnt notice.
My insurance agent called me at work to tell me that my policy was going to be cancelled because my son had a suspended liscence.
I dont have a son with her.
So I went on down to the agents office and she gave me all the info on this dope.
Stupe had just turned 21 and she was 36.
****** grooming ********* pos *****.
My first thought was to strangle that little back door boy and feed him into the wood chipper.
Which was one of the plans I had in mind.
I decided that walking up and stabbing him the eyeball with a screwdriver would be easier.
But my Father and my oldest friend on earth intervened.
They made me realize that this was a once in a lifetime ticket to freedom.
The best revenge was to throw my tools in the truck and leave.
That was twenty years ago.
And now, the are married.
They live in the ghetto land of Detroit.
He has attempted to contact me and her fist husband several times
This poor **** burned his youth and his life on her.
And that my friends is pro level revenge.
Let him have her. And all that comes along with her.
My insurance agent, when I told her the story.
Was so pissed off that she wrote me a new policy on the spot and banned the ex and her little boy from being insured through that company.
And that is why I am an Allstate customer for life.
They really did step up and help me in a ****** up situation